Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

3 hours ago, bartman said:

>makes compelling argument to try and make the timezone benefit the maximum number of people possible.

>Yeah, but it makes me specifically have an awkward timezone, so fuck everyone else.

Also lol welcome to the daily reality of the 45% of the playerbase who's already 6 or 8 hours behind server time.

I'm willing to bet the server has more people playing in the Americas than on Moscow/Lithuania time, particularly when RU players have their own GTAW server. This isn't about shafting any particular person, it's about making it as fair as possible for the maximum amount of people possible. Any decision will inadvertently put some people on weird timezones, but server management can mathematically look at what would benefit the maximum amount of people possible instead of the blatantly eurocentric model of "GMT lol".

Maybe they already looked at it mathematically and with reasoning, that European server should stay at GMT and not start screwing over the majority of their players, just because someone is thinking that one poll is facts about the whole player statistics. 

If people truly want to experience both day/night in the server, only real solution to this problem, without screwing anyone over is the 12 hour day and night cycle in the server. It would let every player experience days and nights. Of course this would need some time to get used to and would feel super weird at start. I'd say this is truly something that best for everyone... Unless... People just want to change things for themselves and hide it as "I'm thinking about everyone".

Hopefully US players gets their own server at some point, which I'm surprised that there isint yet. Would think gta RP is perfect for such gun loving country. I also will come there to make poll and if there is enough EU voters, then make few demands. 😛

3 minutes ago, Lindsie said:

Hopefully US players gets their own server at some point, which I'm surprised that there isint yet. Would think gta RP is perfect for such gun loving country. I also will come there to make poll and if there is enough EU voters, then make few demands. 😛

Shall not be infringed. 

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

so what i've gotten from all this is that us Americans need our own server.

i refer to my previous statement

bring us gtaw NA, or bring us death

As a fellow NA player we shall secede from the place known as the European server! Who's with me?

Edited by KingstonThaIII

Honestly I wouldn't even play on GTAW NA if it happens, despite being an American. 

Separating myself from half of the GTAW playerbase and playing on a separate server just so I can experience daylight more is not worth it in my opinion. I'd rather play on the EU server and be able to play with more players.

• Upvote 2
On 6/9/2022 at 1:13 PM, KingstonThaIII said:

I agree with this. All I want is to be able to enjoy the server in daytime without having to get up so darn early just to experience it. I think the nightclubs are probably gonna take a hit from the change though.

Good. 😁