If you're gonna play a parent-less 12 year old, we need child protective services

KinnyWynny

46 minutes ago, thutl said:

worst part is when they do something dumb enough to get their head blown off and then they ask in in /b why you shot a kid character for like it's supposed to make them exempt

> 14 year old shoots at SWAT with AK

> 14 year old killed

> /b "wtf that's not realistic i'm 14 i'm reporting you for dm"

> 13 year old robs three people with a pistol and shoots one

> runs from cops

> is tased

> /b "wtf i'm 13"

> 16 year old squares up to police on grove street after two officers were shot there

> tries to get physical, is promptly put in their place by a beanbag shotgun

> /b wtf i'm a kid that's unrealistic

I could go on. These are all situations I've encountered on this server.

Edited by Westen
  • Upvote 2
9 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

title

We have an issue across all emergency services of unattended children characters, 12-16 who are hurt, wounded, shot, killed, with no parents, and who come up with stories such as "both my parents are junkies" or unattentative. You'd all get thrown into foster care.

Yeah yeah gang characters. Guess what, parent's would still be there, at the very least NPC them. Stop playing orphans, or if you do, there should be a way you get sent off to a foster home in rural minnesota.

Majority of that type of Roleplay was done and it was in-active af on another community.

47 minutes ago, skink said:

Better yet, get rid of this lousy child roleplay shit. It's embarrassingly poorly done at best and highly suspect at worst.

Yeah, honestly, I'd feel much more comfortable if I anything under 16 was just in the backstory and not RPed. It's weird as hell that we have rules on offensive and graphic RP unless you're going to use it portray the systematic mental and physical abuse of children at the hands of their peers, society at large and older criminal elements.

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif 

49 minutes ago, Sheggy said:

Don't have parents?

Get sent off to another state.

Make a new character and try something new, and realistic.

Makes the most sense. Should be handled similarly to undocumented characters. As far as I'm aware undocumented immigrant characters, upon being arrested, are CKed and icly sent back to their country of origin. If an underage character is roleplaying not having any parents, send them off into the system or something. That being said, there needs to be more clear guidelines on what can and cannot be NPCed 

8 hours ago, thutl said:

worst part is when they do something dumb enough to get their head blown off and then they ask in in /b why you shot a kid character for like it's supposed to make them exempt

My my God dude if only I had a dollar. I'll always remember the time in Chamberlain when this 14 year old murdered 6 people with an AK-47. He threw it into a bush as we got into a foot pursuit. Because he wasn't armed anymore my character tazed him while he was running away. He instantly RPs hitting his head off the sidewalk hard enough to kill him on impact. He then hits me with '/me was MURDERED as a CHILD by POLICE OFFICERS" and CKed right after. Of course neglecting the fact that he just squad wiped people with a machine gun not 90 seconds prior. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic