If you're gonna play a parent-less 12 year old, we need child protective services

KinnyWynny

title

We have an issue across all emergency services of unattended children characters, 12-16 who are hurt, wounded, shot, killed, with no parents, and who come up with stories such as "both my parents are junkies" or unattentative. You'd all get thrown into foster care.

Yeah yeah gang characters. Guess what, parent's would still be there, at the very least NPC them. Stop playing orphans, or if you do, there should be a way you get sent off to a foster home in rural minnesota.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

Very Much This.

If I get "ganged on" by a 12-16 year old kid again, when I'm a 31-year-old grown man, I will lose my shit. I already had an accident earlier this week where a 14-16 year old driver rear-ended me, and then started to threaten me because he thought I had no reason to stop. It is very annoying.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOU IT!

34 minutes ago, CaffeineHigh said:

Very Much This.

If I get "ganged on" by a 12-16 year old kid again, when I'm a 31-year-old grown man, I will lose my shit. I already had an accident earlier this week where a 14-16 year old driver rear-ended me, and then started to threaten me because he thought I had no reason to stop. It is very annoying.

Get physical and if they roleplay a 6'2 200lb benching teenager just to stomp on adults simply report them for powergaming and unrealism.

On Topic: Combat low quality underage characters by simply forcing them to age up whenever they're arrested for something serious, say 2-3 years per sentence until they're legally adults. Having hardened 16 year olds with multiple charges under their belt is just plain weird.

1 minute ago, MistaPink said:

Aren't you suppose to be 16 at the youngest and only if you're RP'ing with a faction? Or did I hallucinate that part?

It's 16 at the youngest UNLESS you're roleplaying with specifically a street gang faction, in which case the min age is 12.

1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

+1 +1 +1 - And stop going up to grown women asking them for sex & shit, it's nasty.

THIS 100000000000 OVER.

I personally believe a rule should be in place to stop people hitting on adult characters. It's disgusting and annoying to deal with that roleplay.

58 minutes ago, CaffeineHigh said:

Very Much This.

• Upvote 3

I feel like part of the problem with this is people feeling unsure of what they're actually allowed to do with NPCs. Obviously most people aren't going to have player parents simply because there's very few people who'd rather play the gangster's dad or the gangster's mom instead of the gangster themselves, but using human NPC's to do anything is muddy and foreign territory for most people here.

If I was put in that position myself I just might decide my character's parents were passed out in an alley too, just because I'm not sure to what degree I'm allowed to have NPC's acting on my character's behalf and I don't want to fuck up somehow.

• Wuhtah locked this topic