If you're gonna play a parent-less 12 year old, we need child protective services

KinnyWynny

The concept of a child protective service fails when you are basically only (allowed to) roleplay an underage character in relations to a street gang. The collection of non-gang related childred are nonexistant and none of the existing ones would change their mind and continue roleplaying away from gangs. On top of that, you have the majority of these characters portrayed horribly, and I would not be surprised when the protective service building essentially turns into an Escape From Tarkov battlefield with all the toughened up 13 year old murderers of different gangs and ethnicity bunched up in a narrow space.

i ignore child rpers tbh, grey zone i don't like and every single one of them i've seen has been played by a DMer, someone who fails at basic English or is portrayed absolutely terribly. it's literally a magnet for shit rp imo. the one time i saw decent growth of underage characters was in dogtown white boys, but even then they were 16 at the lowest. anything lower attracts terrible rp and i don't think i can be proven wrong in this instance.

• Upvote 2

It's still cringe and shouldn't be allowed to portray a gangbanger below 16. People say, but it's realistic...there are 12 y/o gangsters irl. Yes there are, irl you also need to eat and stop at red lights or register a new owner when  selling a car with traffic police. Yet nobody does that. So just add this to the list.

Edited by Engelbert
5 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

>they act like adults

>they’re adults but with legal issues that can’t be dealt by our court system 

>they’re mostly involved with crime, so they interact with the court system more, and as such  they always prove to be massive headaches

except this isn't always the case, I'm not defending every single person roleplaying a teen cause there's a lot of noobs trying to abuse it, but roleplaying a teen isn't a free get out of jail card, here on the server everybody is tried as an adult regardless of their age.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
  • Wuhtah locked this topic