Bars and clubs...

Dustyboi

Because no matter how much we tell ourselves it's a roleplay server, people will want financial gains above all else, I'd suggest to lead by example and encourage people to start unique businesses by doing it yourself.

Edit: Also as of yet only bars and clubs offers a place for people to socialize outside of their tight-knit OO/IC group, which makes bars and clubs a more preferable area of roleplay, and of course the owners rake in money from it.

Edited by MeowTheEpic
  • Upvote 2

Opened a restaurant for three whole months. 1/3 of them entered, asked for beer, and then left when we didn't have any. Restaurant was empty 70% of the time.

Supply and Demand... it's an issue with the mentality of the server, not a lack of businesses.

In my honest opinion? Restaurants seem to only work in county.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Opened a restaurant for three whole months. 1/3 of them entered, asked for beer, and then left when we didn't have any. Restaurant was empty 70% of the time.

Supply and Demand... it's an issue with the mentality of the server, not a lack of businesses.

In my honest opinion? Restaurants seem to only work in county.

What restaurant doesn't have alcohol besides a fast food place? 

21 minutes ago, Smith said:

What restaurant doesn't have alcohol besides a fast food place? 

We served it, but it wasn't the main theme of the place. Alcohol would be served with a meal, as it was a restaurant, not a bar.

Whole point is: People only want bars and clubs. Hence, unique businesses don't last as long.

Bars and Clubs are an easy venue for people who roleplay to achieve another means (ie ERP types) it's something everyone will go to generally where as something more niche may not appeal to people. Although I agree with you, it rests on the players to open alternative and unique businesses. People come into my cafe and ask for alcohol even it's just a common thing so the venues appeal to the players. As Meow said, leading by example is the way here. I'm trying to open a Cigar Lounge, we will serve alcohol but it's meant to be a different pace. Most "drawn out" RP. Less "what do you want" more of "let me show you what I have".

LS survives on liquids. (Double meaning!!)
Whenever the up-n-atom diner opens, if I happen to be up that late, I make an effort to go exist there, but, it is often much less busy than random bar#2231. I don't doubt people put effort into nightclubs or bars, but it'd also be cool to see other things open. 

• Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic