Prison changes for illegal roleplayers

Nervous

Jail changes  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What if you dislike the quality and you do not want to engage in said field? I won’t point no fingers but I simply do not find the roleplay fun neither do I enjoy it. It’s not the same as it was on this one big community some of us were apart of. I’m all in for helping them improve it but forcing players? Yeah no lol 

Edited by Alfonso_Chavarria
11 minutes ago, Alfonso_Chavarria said:

What if you dislike the quality and you do not want to engage in said field? I won’t point no fingers but I simply do not find the roleplay fun neither do I enjoy it. It’s not the same as it was on this one big community some of us were apart of. I’m all in for helping them improve it but forcing players? Yeah no lol 

Say you have a 2 hour sentence, you only have to actively roleplay 40 minutes of it. If you managed to get a big enough sentence to warrant 10 hours roleplay, you *should* roleplay that. Otherwise, like pointed out, the repercussions for going to prison are still null and you'll just hop on an alt.

I support this, and suggest it applies to all players.

Acting stupid IC should have IC consequences. Having to get with your cars program within TTCF is a fundamental part of criminal role-play. If your character is against it this IC then they can lay low and try to serve their time quietly while navigating the politics.

• Upvote 1

We're a "heavy rp server", no?

About time we acted like one. I support this idea and I agree with others that it doesn't go far enough, it should be extended to everyone. People shouldn't be able to gun down five dudes and be out by supper.

There needs to be consequences for your actions and as it stands right now? There isn't any real meaningful consequences, people do IC long stretches everyday and they're only in a couple hours. It'll also help timeline wise for characters/factions because when someone spots one of their members get arrested, they'll actually know they'll be gone a decent chunk of time rather than them being out in a few hours. 

It's also immersion breaking arresting someone and seeing them out a few hours later and acting like nothing happened to them.

As a new player in the server that's yet to get arrested and as a guy that spent a portion of his life roleplaying on both sides of the isle, one thing that stopped those low-quality criminals from being complete idiots was threatening their finances, as silly as it may sound, higher fines and even outright property seizure will make them think twice about committing a felony that isn't properly planned and roleplayed, make their wallet hurt, raise the sentencing times as long as the player can opt to not be ingame for hours on end for it. Players roleplaying more in prison is good for realism, but that realism will come at the expense of fun, especially those of us who can't roleplay for more than 2 hours per day max, it's a good opportunity for criminals to network and make new connections but I'm not a fan of forcing people to roleplay something they dislike as we're all here to have fun at the end of the day.

In my humble opinion this can work if it's only done to certain felonies rather than every prison sentence given. Also I'm not familiar with how prison works in this server does protective custody exist and can high-risk inmates request it? seeing that getting shanked and CK'd is on the table too.

1 hour ago, Vassilios said:

I think everyone should be forced to roleplay a part of their prison sentence. I've had way too many court case mean nothing because the dude either namechanged during or after it. I know there's a rule in place but it doesn't seem to be followed.

This. Everyone should be forced to be online, otherwise they can just play on some alternate until their main is out.

Offers a lot of opportunities and roleplay avenues that are currently neglected or undiscovered with the majority of people simply logging off and waiting out the jail time - general consequences of a crime ("Do the crime, do the time"), being able to establish new contacts, the character having both positive and negative experiences, more impact and incentive to interact and be in "good standing" with established prison factions from neutrality all the way down to cooperations, avenues such as probation and parole...

54 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

A nice idea but be careful that it makes getting PK'd by cop (or anyone else) even more attractive OOCly, compared to prison.

Given the current trend of criminals PK'ing cops for initiating a traffic stop to talk about a missed stop sign or a broken turn signal... The situation you're describing sounds more like an improvement.

• Wuhtah locked this topic