Prison changes for illegal roleplayers

Nervous

Jail changes  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

Say you have a 2 hour sentence, you only have to actively roleplay 40 minutes of it. If you managed to get a big enough sentence to warrant 10 hours roleplay, you *should* roleplay that. Otherwise, like pointed out, the repercussions for going to prison are still null and you'll just hop on an alt.

It's not the time, it's the roleplay within prison. The quality essentially, and I'm not saying this as some random dude that has never been to TTCF, I've RPed there on multiple occassions and I did 5 years of SACF-RP on LSRP. Prison RP overall was my favourite type of roleplay until I came to GTAW.

What we did have on LSRP was unity within all cars oocly, we were all cool with each other, which is not the case here. People are at each other's throats and for the most part it's just straight up spitting venom at one another. And before anybody tries to accuse me of whatever, yes, this is not public. You won't see two leaders directly say; 'Yeah X sucks!' It's all behind closed doors. Be that passive aggression or just not agreeing to certain war terms, etc. The feeling is present. I'm aware of who's saying what about who, genuinely speaking, people do dislike each other, and they do not want to see the collective prosper, they want to stand out individually. Which is fine, it's apart of the faction 'mentality'. It's a competitive field where you do want to be remembered as the winner, or ultimately the superpower. But this is what ruins the scene, and from what I've personally witnessed in SD Prison, IFC, and other prison chats, people are not willing to co-operate, maybe they're slowly starting to pick up the idea but I do not think that they'll get along in the long run. People let their OOC emotions and motives influence the way they run factions, treat one another and overall the IC that ongoes wherever, and whenever. I do not want to bash anybody, nor point any fingers as I'm simply uninterested in the scene.

Let us offline our time if we want to, don't force people into doing something that they dislike. Had there been an actual prison I would of have had a different opinion, but simply put the LS county jail in a nutshell is the Italian Car. Not in a good state. Now if you want to contribute to the growth of the quality within TTCF? Sure. Go for it. But allow people like me, those who do not want to waste their time in a setting where your character can essentially be CKed, and progress can be lost, over poorly executed roleplay from other parties.

People have their preferences. Let us decide what to do. 

Edited by Alfonso_Chavarria
  • Upvote 1

theres a large portion of people who enjoy prison RP (i did it for years) who dislike rping in TTCF just because its a jail, and not a prison. id rather NPC my character went to a prison yard.

however, if this is something that isnt on the cards to change, i do think this is a good idea regardless. i would suggest that when u go to prison, a FAQ of sorts pops up on your screen that you have to read through. this could outline a few 'obvious' things that players may not know - such as the important of sticking to your race.

one potential problem that could arise is... if there are so many new players with no idea what to do who maybe do not want to rp there and will fuck around, the prison car faction members will be forced (IC) to remove them. this could be a 2 on 1 beating, a stabbing or a murder. this means that so many of our prison roleplayers will be getting pushed into regular solitary confinement and adding further charges to their sentences, just for what is essentially a troll who does not want to rp there.

Edited by Gallagher

I don't think that flooding the scene with more people who have no idea how to properly roleplay inside jail will fix the issue of jail and its rp. This will only create chaos and cause the scene to deteriorate even further. I believe that the community still has a long way to go to achieve a somewhat good representation of the jail or prison system in the US. For this to happen, IFM should cut down on the number of factions and players that are wrongly portraying the scene, and in fact have people with certain level of knowledge or documentation pave the way towards a better representation. As long as the key pieces of the puzzle are driving the wrong way, nothing will change within jail rp.

• Upvote 1

What about the female pod that barely sees any players inside it? forcing them to roleplay could make players even more frustrated when they have nobody to roleplay with. My experience roleplaying a female in jail is me spending most of my time sat on a bench in caf, only to have a male prisoner come out on occasion "Ey you cute", I can imagine a lot of female characters namechanging if this gets implemented, because nobody wants to roleplay with themselves for up to 10 hours.

• Wuhtah locked this topic