Prison changes for illegal roleplayers

Nervous

Jail changes  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

Next can we trial 20 minutes of hospital time when you are PK'd? Online or offline, doesn't matter.  We need to reduce self-looting, weird clones walking past their own bodies and awkward situations where a PK'd person is back on the streets WAY too fast.

I support this.

I think we should all be forced to be online to even budge our jail time.

LS-RP : SAMP did it, and it forced people to either roleplay with the different cars, or AFK it in their cell which got them AFK kicks on their records and essentially wasted their time. 

Some might say it's harsh, but that's the way I was brought up in the roleplay game regarding incarceration. Being able to spend time offline and log back in a free man? That shit is a joke.

Completely agree with forcing everyone to serve out the 1/3 portion of their time. Personally I have no sympathy for anyone that pulls the excuse, "if I don't care for jail RP, I shouldn't be forced to do it". That's such a bullshit excuse and everyone knows it. If you don't like jail, then be a smarter criminal or don't be a criminal. Jail is part of the life. Too bad, so sad. I would love to see that logic applied to the other side.

"I don't like robbery RP, so I shouldn't be forced to deal with it."

"I don't like guns, so I shouldn't be forced to be exposed to guns."

"I don't like extortion RP, so I shouldn't be forced to deal with it."

Call it whatever you want. OOC. IC. I don't honestly care. If you are on a character and committing crime, it should be with the understanding that jail is potentially apart of that role play. Civilian role players don't get to cherry pick what they can and can't do. It has to stay IC. It's never a problem when you're the perpetrator committing the crime but the second the roles are reversed and you're put into a situation you don't like all of a sudden its, "oh I don't like that, I shouldn't have to deal with it." You should deal with it.

We can't improve prison RP when people don't learn how to RP there and just log off. Same situation with RP in general. You don't improve if you don't learn. We can't just avoid specific areas of RP because it's not ideal. Everyone is advised to stay IC and sometimes that involves having to be subjected to things you don't like. Sorry, that's the way it is. It's literally the only area where people constantly think they shouldn't have to deal with consequences. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're a criminal, accept that going to jail might be apart of your RP. Learn from it. Use it as a learning experience.

Edited by 99
  • Wuhtah locked this topic