More Weather Variety - Smog, Fog, & Overcast!

1 hour ago, ScarletRose said:

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Big support from me. It gets real boring when its sunny and sunny every single day.

I'm also for more rain as well. I don't understand why we can't find a common ground between too much rain and not enough rain. We have half the community against more rain because it used to rain too much. We have another half who wants more because it literally rains /maybe/ once a month for like 10 minutes now. We need a good balance between rain and no rain.

I understand we're trying to replicate Los Angeles. But still, this is still a video game. Having more rain, more whether types, higher temperatures, lower temperatures, etc, would open up a lot more RP scenarios. Imagine if people roleplay around it being too hot or too cold, or your plans are ruined because of a sudden rainy day. Right now, weather is pretty much the same always and the temperature is always not too hot and hot too cold. It's too mundane.

Agreed, our weather is very basic right now. While I understand we’re trying to replicate California, I think this takes away some of the enjoyment of the game. Weather variety mixes things up and allows for different roleplay. 

43 minutes ago, josef said:

While I understand we’re trying to replicate California

This is an absolute hoax weather-wise.

Check it daily- we've not yet had 90 degrees.

Whoever claims this server's weather settting actually reflect Cali is just ignorant of facts (like the ingame temperature)

Fully agreed. It's not exactly interesting to be in "the land of always sunny" all the time.

Perhaps a little off topic but when the temperature is above or below a certain point on that day, perhaps a message could be displayed to players to let them know it's an exceptionally hot day. Not everybody checks the weather but I'm sure everyone's characters would feel this and be more prone to choosing appropriate outfits thanks to the increased awareness.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, knppel said:

This is an absolute hoax weather-wise.

Check it daily- we've not yet had 90 degrees.

Whoever claims this server's weather settting actually reflect Cali is just ignorant of facts (like the ingame temperature)

And yeah, the temperatures could use a bit of tuning as well. We're in the middle of the Summer, yet the temperature in our version of LA doesn't go above 70 degrees. Seems like whoever is in charge of the climate for the server is trying to make the weather in our Los Santos into a perfect sunny paradise, rather than actually going for some realism. Sunny every single day and seeminly perfect goldilocks zone temperature all year round. It's just boring.

• Upvote 1

I totally support this. In any city, it isn't always clear everyday whether it is due to clouds, rain, fog, or whatever it may be. Adding smog, fog, and overcast add more variety to the weather. GTA 5 already has these options built into the game, so there would be no need for additional modding, at least as far as I know. There are also many things that I personally believe could be changed about the weather which would help make it more immersive and add more of a variety which I have suggested as well as others, but we wil just have to wait to see what happens.