Real clothing (maybe cars w/ real logos) being added to the server VS GTA Lore P2:

43 minutes ago, Lop said:

I still think we should take time and develop our own brands in-game. If they get "scripted" and official through good RP, that means clothing mods get introduced server-side.

Yeah I agree, and since a lot of IRL clothing brands are just whatever word they thought was cool, I doubt it'd be hard to spitball a few.

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

idk what that means

I misread your post but they are gag names from rockstar.

Just change "real clothing" to rockstar's counterparts or make our own. Sublime instead of Supreme. LMAO.

On 3/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Also just in case anybody was interested on Nervous' stance on copyright infringement:

Even considering what Nervous said, as a person who works closely with laws (Cinematography, Audiovisual arts, production, whatever) and studies it.

Any copyright claim is valid but you must take into consideration than no brand mentioned in this forum/server isn't being used to take profit from it. Using that principle even if we go to court about this issue no company will chase GTA:WORLD because one reason.

No content on GTA:W (clothes / mods) are locked behind a paywall. Indeed these mods were made by the GTA5 Community for  their players, this is a hard ground, but anyway. I know how copyright laws works and it's just stupid. You can do whatever you want with a brand logo/image whatever if two things are not being done.

"Commercial use" [Taking profit from it]
"Shaming" [Using their stuff for making negative public content against them.]

Aside from that no company with two brain cells with sue you for that
Best example? Counter strike, Team Fortress 2, Black Mesa and others. When they were launched they had a similar position like GTA:W does right now.

Even Rage MP and Rockstar relationship. Rage can do whatever they want while they don't break the piracy laws.

Since this a roleplay server. We could add the proper real-life brands on our small game. If no clothes are being locked behind paywalls then it will not be a problem for the community to use them.

That's how it works.

Edited by Xaleya
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Xaleya said:

-snip-

You're not wrong and I think the majority have already come to the conclusion that us as a community are less then a blip in the grand scheme of things, multimillion dollar companies aren't going to bother pursuing something so small in the first place especially when their brands have absolutely nothing to do with the money Nervous makes from donations, them donations clearly stated as going to server hosting costs.

Funnily enough you'd have a higher chance of small independent brands and businesses pursuing legal action over large brands like Louis Vuitton and Gucci which thankfully won't be a problem for us unless Nervous decides the mom-and-pop store a block over has nice t-shirts he'd want to add as a donor perk.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
2 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Kinda wanna hear what @Oggyhas to say as he's one of the main people in charge of clothing mods.

alsopleasegiveusasneakpeakofwhatwe'reexpectingtoseewhen1.1dropsthanks 

Thank you for the tag. No-one has made me aware of this.

For everyones information. We have been working on the skinpack for the better part of 9 months at this point already. Not constantly active, but adding stuff on every now and then. It is not done yet, it is not final yet and there are probably items that are still set to be removed, changed, etc.

To get something out of the way straight away: REAL LIFE BRANDS ARE COMING.

This issue has been discussed with management around the same time we started. Upsides and downsides have been discussed. And let me also tell you right away why I am happy about that. One of the major upsides: There is a ton of real life branding mods, there are not nearly as many lore friendly mods. So this decision was made in big parts, to give the community as many clothing options as even possible. We do not have time and resources to recreate everything in lore friendly mods.

With that being said. We are also very far into the process that we can not "just remove the unlore friendly stuff". Why? Here's why.

image.png.c1e1a1f247b9892fdef0029ffee1987c.png

As you can see, close to 6000 files is a lot. Again, it is not final. And half of it is not for PD, SD or FD for that matter.

For all I know we might end up cutting half of it away if it causes gameplay issues, but we will cross that bridge once we get to actually stress test everything. I just want to show and make people realize, this is not an easy task and I have spent 100+ hours working on this myself, plus everyone else that has provided for this pack.

@iGhoul , @Adorabelle and @lux have provided us with a mix of private mods, both lore and real life brands, which I am sure everyone will be excited to see on the server. 

Whoever is angry about this and feels the need to vent, can message me personally. And then consider whether you want to spend a few hundred hours creating textures of something, that already exists and literally has zero effect on the actual roleplay in the game, more the visuals.

I do hope however, this ends the discussion.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2
  • nateX locked this topic