Real clothing (maybe cars w/ real logos) being added to the server VS GTA Lore P2:

1 hour ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

The vehicles I understand. But for gang roleplay and certain other aspects of roleplay, IRL clothing brands are needed, just as are real life gun names. Certain gangs low-key exist due to clothing brands if you want to think about it technically, because a lot of cliques under major gangs adopt their clique names to suit a clothing brand or designer brand for them to fashion bang with. 

Exactly this, same way people roleplay glocks, rugers and whatnot when it comes to weapons the IRL brands are just needed.

I never understood the hype for "lore friendly" brands. People can claim it's "world building" as much as they want but the truth is we won't know SHIT about these custom brands. There is ZERO depth or nuance to them. They're all satirical jokes whipped up by an over worked intern in 2013. Ford was the first company to use the assembly line. Does that mean Vapid did it in GTA W's universe? Or does Ford exist and there's some sort of trade ban in San Andreas? 

I don't understand why everyone wants to roleplay Los Santos being so unique and special that smoking a Marlboro instead of a CoK gets people angry in your PMs and even implying you drive a Honda instead of a Dinka o what the fuck ever results in people making passive aggressive general discussion threads on the forum about it. We roleplay living in a normal west coast state, in a normal United States of America. The inflated economy and crime is simply the result of game limitations. If you can't ignore that aspect then maybe you should work more on your roleplaying ability instead.

• Upvote 3

Haha yes, its so immersive sticking to lore friendly brand when all of them are basically sexual innuendos.

Having "bigness" or "guffy" or whatever discount designer clothing brands there are on your clothes is most definitely immersive when its basically just a satirical rip-off.

Are we also going to ignore how many measures players take to NOT deal with the more explicitly obvious sexual innuendos? Has anybody ever called G6, Gruppe Sechs? No, because it sounds ridiculous. Do that many people call it Sprunk? No, because that shit's literally just Spunk with an R. Or what about the majority of people calling Morningwood Little Armenia because Morningwood is just explicitly a dick joke.

I'd advocate for straight up phasing some of that stuff out and phasing more real life equivalents in, but the fact that people can't even fathom why someone would want real life brands is wack to me.

I mean, the main problem with actual real vehicle mods is that they're optimized like actual trash. The Vapid Victor being a Horizon model rip literally causes extreme amounts of lag and the occasional crash whenever they congregate due to the fact they're not even remotely optimized for the server and game. Sure, one doesn't really do anything, but a group of 'em? Nope, that's a crash. Adding more of them would destroy a whole bunch of peoples' performance.

• nateX locked this topic