Real clothing (maybe cars w/ real logos) being added to the server VS GTA Lore P2:

Honestly, doesn't even need to be real life brands. Just give us some clothes that an actual gang member would actually wear lmfaoo... Lemon hoodies aint it. Got cunts like me resorting to NPC skins with only 2 outfit customizations just so my char can look like a thug. 😅

Edited by Garras Up
3 hours ago, Keane said:

I'm not sure how many of you RPed on GTA SA, but adding mods that did not fit the look of the game ruined the whole game's feeling for a lot of people. It's why low poly modding became very popular, especially for vehicles. Players wanted vehicles that matched the overall aesthetic of the game while still having something new. Having higher quality mods (eg. a few HD cars from various racing games in the early to mid 2010s) in a game where everything had graphics from 2004 was terrible. 

The same thing applies here. A lot of the real life brands are taken from other games and made to look better than what we're provided in the base game. This is especially true for vehicles. There is a huge amount of modders for GTA V that specifically make lore friendly vehicles that match GTA V's other vehicles. These are optimized a lot better in the majority of cases. Adding them server side also doesn't ruin the aesthetic because they look like something that could have been in the game by default. In fact, we've had a few cases where we have had modded vehicles but Rockstar made their own versions that look very similar and added them. For this reason, the decision was made that we will only be using lore friendly vehicles in the future.

The rebadged CVPI is an example of what happens when cars based on real life vehicles are added. It's fine if you see one in-game but if a pursuit passes by or there's a group of them on a scene, it starts causing FPS drops and crashes. The modding team did a great job at reducing this but it still has issues. It also doesn't match the look of the game. You'll know what I mean if you've seen it around other law enforcement vehicles.

The points made above also extend to real life clothing brands. They look higher quality than what's provided in-game the majority of the time. For me personally I'd hate to see them added serverside and I know a lot of people will agree with me there. If people want those mods, they can do them clientside pretty easily. We allowed for real life clothing brands in the server's continuity because they were deemed essential for gang roleplay and the clothing brands provided by Rockstar do not have a lot of depth. The decision was made with the understanding that these would remain as clientside mods. If you don't add these mods yourself, you'll see them on Facebrowser which to me is not a big deal.

For the same reason I wouldn't want to see IRL branded cars either cause a lot of them are taken from games like FH4 and are poorly optimized and just look a bit weird and out of place right next to a lore-friendly or base-game vehicle. I don't think the same goes for clothes that are currently used in various modpacks by gang factions. A lot of them look quite nice and really fit into the game and modern age, I'd prefer that over some of the mods that are available on official sites like gta5mods.com. Most of the mods on there, especially the ones for females, make your character look like they've gotten exported straight out of The Sims 4 and put into GTA 5 which is just awful. I don't see anybody running around in those other than FB queens. Also, installing mods client-side won't be possible anymore after 1.1. 

Edited by Rease
34 minutes ago, Rease said:

For the same reason I wouldn't want to see IRL branded cars either cause a lot of them are taken from games like FH4 and are poorly optimized and just look a bit weird and out of place right next to a lore-friendly or base-game vehicle. I don't think the same goes for clothes that are currently used in various modpacks by gang factions. A lot of them look quite nice and really fit into the game and modern age, I'd prefer that over some of the mods that are available on official sites like gta5mods.com. Most of the mods on there, especially the ones for females, make your character look like they've gotten exported straight out of The Sims 4 and put into GTA 5 which is just awful. I don't see anybody running around in those other than FB queens. Also, installing mods client-side won't be possible anymore after 1.1. 

That's because Sims has an abundance of clothes that are really easy to convert and an insane amount of custom creations are pumped out daily. Taking stuff from other games isn't so easy.

Finding a modder who will custom make 3d stuff for free would be extremely difficult. Some mod conversions are straight up terrible, I agree - but there's a lot of high quality stuff that fit naturally into GTA. You'd be surprised what a decent texture does for a low-poly model.

I think it's important to have faith in Oggy and the modding team for what they envision. No one is going to be 100% happy either way.

But seeing checkerboard shirts and no arms really kills the immersion, so /whatever/ mods they add in will only be a positive.

Edited by lux
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, lux said:

But seeing checkerboard shirts and no arms really kills the immersion, so /whatever/ mods they add in will only be a positive.

I was always personally against this and didn't think it was really allowed up until recently. 

I don't know...but I feel like the civilians/illegals need some clothes. Yeah we just got hair, cool. But I feel a lot of the clothes are severely outdated. Especially for gang members. It's cringe, the clothes look at-least ten years old and are baggy. 

Examples of Urbanized clothes in America:

FASHION NOVA MEN TRY-ON HAUL | IS FASHION NOVA LEGIT? - YouTube

Purchase > fashionnovamen, Up to 67% OFF

2021 Women Champions Tracksuit Autumn Long Sleeve T Shirt Pants Tights  Leggings Sportswear Brand Sports GYM Joggers Clothes From Casey_no1, $18.26  | DHgate.Com

So on and so forth, a lot of American clothes are mostly made up of skinnier/slim jeans, some with holes, nice shoes (Jordans, Nikes esp. Air Force Ones, Vans, Converse,  and other designer shoes) and a designer t-shirt (Gucci, Dior, etc.) 

I'm sick of seeing the old, ugly clothes like this

gta-world-2021-2-21-19-25-16.png?width=1066&height=600

Nobody dresses like 50 Cent or Shaq O Neal off the court from 2003. 

A good example is from W/S Davis Family Bloods:

s2.thumb.jpg.0c43c54ccbfe16733b95840d984339d6.jpg

Based off:

Untitled-4.jpg

and so on, so forth.

1.png

etc etc regardless of gang affiliation.

Why do I need to install mods when the server can just throw in a pack of nice, modernized clothes so people will start dressing like it's 2021 and not 2011?

This video shows a good example of youth, urbanized clothing on the west coast. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with Ronnie, we should get some new clothes. It sucks that you have to get mods to make yourself look "ganster". There should definitely be more clothes options, especially for gang members. For example saggy pants and some modern clothes. it doesn't even have to be real brands, just like 'Garras Up' said. We just need some clothes to make the gangs and civilians look more realistic. 

Edited by Clared
Wanted to fill more stuff in

The vehicles I understand. But for gang roleplay and certain other aspects of roleplay, IRL clothing brands are needed, just as are real life gun names. Certain gangs low-key exist due to clothing brands if you want to think about it technically, because a lot of cliques under major gangs adopt their clique names to suit a clothing brand or designer brand for them to fashion bang with. 

• Thanks 1

If the (texture) quality matches up with the rest of the clothing, and the file sizes are tolerable, then it'd be welcome to have more custom clothing options.

Related suggestion for factions;

Edited by mj2002
  • nateX locked this topic