Real clothing (maybe cars w/ real logos) being added to the server VS GTA Lore P2:

I don't understand why there can't be a synergy of fake products and real products. I'd like to have both Adidas and Hawaiian Snow.

Also what's with the reasoning of "me and a few others think these clothes are too high-quality for the server to be added"??? The difference between San Andreas and it's active modding community is San Andreas was released in 2004 and is running on a primitive engine with primitive graphics and it's modders are working with assets that are modern; GTA5 on the other hand is a game that was released in the early 2010s and then remastered in 2014 for next generation consoles and PC. It looks good. The high-quality clothing mods fit with the vibe of a game that looks good and is based on what is supposed to be modern day LA. Noone dresses like it's 2008, and not being able to dress accurately because of some flaky excuse of the mods being too nice looking is absolutely ridiculous.

A large portion of the server (pretty much all of south LS, one of the most active areas of the server) uses these mods but they look ridiculous on other peoples' screens. If you don't like how the clothes look, don't use them? Are the hair mods that were just added too high quality too? It's ridiculous.

What's more immersion breaking is the idea that people who are trying to accurately reflect American urban fashion culture are being left in the cold because people somehow think an Adidas sweat pant is too "high quality" on a game that was released in 2014 and is still lauded for it's beautiful graphics even to this day.

Just as an example, this is supposedly out of place?

7c4b2c55c6f1bfb0a80f817c5b17d39c.png

Looks pretty in tune with the art style to me.

Also people already RP these brands existing. People talk about Nike, Gucci, Taylor Swift, whatever... because we're RPing a city that supposedly mimicks modern American life. Already pretending California doesn't exist is already a stretch, and honestly it seems like the administration is going half-way with whether this is a GTA LORE server or a REAL LIFE SERVER using GTA as a tool to RP. Why don't we ban Crips and Blood factions and go to RPing Grove Street Families and Ballas? All our sureno RPers will just have to deal with being yellow-ragging cholos because they're not referenced in GTA lore.

Edited by sio

in my opinion the clothes wouldn't be a bad addition but to keep the lore like most people do, it could be logos and designs done by the community, our own IC businesses. i was doing it myself at one point but it was only modded into my game. it would be cool of devs worked with some content creators to push actual textures into the server for everybody to see, adds onto the immersion for me. it doesn't really matter to me but this seems like the best option everybody would be content with.

Edited by the real trop

Now let me preface by saying that I'm a HUGE supporter of player-run brands. I'm friends with everyone at Hawaiian Snow and I've always been trying to promote and support their work through buying their products and showcasing them on Menyoo because I absolutely love displays of player creativity like that, and I absolutely love that we have things like Hawaiian Snow (or other player-run and designed brand).

... But, as a South Central player, I do feel like real-life brand has a real place in the culture, and I don't think that it's mutually exclusive with fictional brands. For many young characters in poor neighborhoods craving designer brands, being hyper-focused on their shoes, how they appear, how they present themselves, and how successful they look is an intergral part of their portrayal. We don't know how much a Güffy jacket costs. We don't know how much cred that YETI sweater or whatever is going to give you. Playing around expensive real-life brands gives people a chance to use real-life examples to better portray and quantify in monetary value stuff that's important to a lot of these kids.

tl;dr: I support both options, wanting to see at least a few key pieces of real life brand represented so those who want to play around it get a chance to without looking like a checkered shirt to others.

Edited by Koko
4 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

Where does lore clothing end and real clothing begin anyway? Considering Rockstar added MISBHV clothing in the last update?

Polski brand pierwszą realną marką odzieżową w GTA V | ESPORT NOWShop black MISBHV graphic print hoodie with Express Delivery - Farfetch

And Civilist

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/89k8a554559848/a-closer-look-at-real-world-fashion-brands-civilist-misbhv-in-gta-onli

Both brands listed officially on the GTA Wiki:

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/MISBHV

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Civilist 

Wonder where we'd stand with lore-friendly clothing if say, Nike, Adidas or any other big-name brands and were added, honestly kinda interesting.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

I stand with the general census - where there are enough lore brands established with a decent enough history, they should prevail. Such is the case with vehicles (plus the performance w/ mod cars). Where the brands aren't enough or not in-depth, such as everyday items like drinks, a mixture of both lore brands and real life brands come together - you can get a Sprunk, eCola or Logger, but also Heineken. And some areas are not covered at all by lore brands where real life brands take up the space entirely.

1 hour ago, orca112 said:

I stand with the general census - where there are enough lore brands established with a decent enough history, they should prevail. Such is the case with vehicles (plus the performance w/ mod cars). Where the brands aren't enough or not in-depth, such as everyday items like drinks, a mixture of both lore brands and real life brands come together - you can get a Sprunk, eCola or Logger, but also Heineken. And some areas are not covered at all by lore brands where real life brands take up the space entirely.

Exactly, people already RP irl brands with everything; drinks, cigarettes, clothes, guns, vehicles etc. Although cars should stay as they are with the current lore brands due to the mods not being up to scratch, clothing mods and irl brands are a must have.

Edited by aJimmy

I don't see a problem with player created brands/clothes but I'd love to see real life brands added too considering Rockstar is starting to do it, I don't see how it could really pull away from the Lore lol. The brands in game are generic, outdated and have too much humor linked to them. Plus, it's refreshing to see new, real life clothes added. I think this would be a good additional for civilians and illegal RPers because they don't get as much. Plus, as I stated before people really shouldn't have to use mods to see real clothes when we can just do like a monthly thread where we suggest what real life clothes get added and people vote. I wish Travie from LSRP was here, he had a real understanding of real life clothing put onto skins. But yea u get the point. 

• nateX locked this topic