Real clothing (maybe cars w/ real logos) being added to the server VS GTA Lore P2:

10 hours ago, Rease said:

^ This.

On behalf of every gang rper, I think more modern clothes are definitely needed. There's lots of individual modpacks out there that gang rpers use atm and it'd be litty to see some if not everything in 1.1. I don't see a problem with clothes that got IRL brands on them, cars are another thing however. I don't think a little Nike logo or Adidas stripes or something with Cutthroat on it is really that immerion breaking. Replacing logos with lore logos would be pretty cool too but I don't think it's worth the time since it'd take quite a while for every piece of clothing and it makes little to no difference really. 

After testing the newer clothes on one of the 1.1 live tests a few weeks ago, I noticed a HUGE lack of clothes that cater to gang roleplay. While some of the new clothes were cool from my OOC eyes, I could never see my character wearing a hoodie that just has lemons all over it, or a vibrant purple bomber jacket.

I’m sure over time more clothes would be added for more urban/modern clothes, but it was upsetting to see that there was absolutely nothing added in the first iteration to cater to such a large segment of roleplay on the server.

I will say though, if somebody wants to go through every single mod and replace the IRL logos with IC counterparts then I’m not against that, but it won’t stop people RPing Nike as Nike and Adidas as Adidas. I agree with a lot of you here that IRL brands in clothes at least should stay the same, I know I’m not learning the lore names.

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Keane said:

We allowed for real life clothing brands in the server's continuity because they were deemed essential for gang roleplay and the clothing brands provided by Rockstar do not have a lot of depth. The decision was made with the understanding that these would remain as clientside mods. If you don't add these mods yourself, you'll see them on Facebrowser which to me is not a big deal.

Why not add both 'lore-friendly' and 'real-life' brands for clothing items? Is there going to be a hard limit on the number of clothing items the server can add once 1.1 is introduced?

It'd suck for players that use client-side mods when it comes to interactions with players who don't use the same mods. The red NIKE jacket on your screen may be a white plain jacket for the other player. Cops, who are encouraged to use clothing descriptions, would be providing the wrong clothing description to groups of role players that use client-side mods.

A lot of real-life brand clothing mods also look just as good as lore-friendly mods. Some of the lore-friendly mods that got added during the 1.1 tests such as shirts covered in images of food items looked out of place.

In terms of clothes, if there is enough lore material or even fake brands that are created as mods, then I'm okay with not allowing real life clothing brands into the game. However, only if there is enough. I think that there's some good content out there and sometimes they don't even really have brand names. However I'm undecided on this. It's probably best to stay away from real life brands, however, how long can that go before people get tired and bored of what's provided by GTA Lore? Of course, we have amazing modders such as Hawaiian Snow Apparel, but their clothing targets a specific audience and they can't just pump out clothing mods for all sorts of different styles for all characters.

2 hours ago, EffPee said:

After testing the newer clothes on one of the 1.1 live tests a few weeks ago, I noticed a HUGE lack of clothes that cater to gang roleplay. While some of the new clothes were cool from my OOC eyes, I could never see my character wearing a hoodie that just has lemons all over it, or a vibrant purple bomber jacket.

You sure these were actual clothing mods and not the shirts past ID 255?

Must have been months ago now but before Nervous removed the clothing mods from the 1.1 test server there were a few Ighoul items in there, that hooded -CREATIONS- jacket I used to see all over the forums, a few sweatshirts with IRL branding on them, Nike being one of them and sagged jeans from the Biker GTA:Online update.

I'll see if I can find the pictures I took and post them in an edit. 

EDIT: Some of the male clothing, excuse the clipping from the torso

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

(this was the sweatshirt with IRL branding) 

unknown.png

And female

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

These were taken on the 14th of September - 2020 so hell knows how many have been added/removed in that time.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
1 hour ago, EffPee said:

my dude thats gta 5 clothing not mods

9 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You sure these were actual clothing mods and not the shirts past ID 255?

Must have been months ago now but before Nervous removed the clothing mods from the 1.1 test server there were a few Ighoul items in there, that hooded -CREATIONS- jacket I used to see all over the forums, a few sweatshirts with IRL branding on them, Nike being one of them and them sagged jeans from the Biker GTA:Online update.

I'll see if I can find the pictures I took and post them in an edit. 

I've got no idea what they were, but they definitely came along with 1.1.

I'd be happy to be wrong, because I couldn't see my character wearing some of this stuff.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

All in all, it doesn't drag from the point that 1.1 brings us a great opportunity for the community to come together to bring out better clothes for gang characters, lore-based or not. 

12 minutes ago, EffPee said:

I've got no idea what they were, but they definitely came along with 1.1.

I'd be happy to be wrong, because I couldn't see my character wearing some of this stuff.

Hide contents

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

All in all, it doesn't drag from the point that 1.1 brings us a great opportunity for the community to come together to bring out better clothes for gang characters, lore-based or not. 

For clarification the clothing in your screenshots are clothing items from GTA:Online and nothing that was technically added with 1.1, they've always been there and are on the 0.3.7 server too, you just can't see them - thankfully 1.1 fixes this.

Agree with what you're saying though, a lot of people are excited for their own circle's style of mods which is perfectly fine but seem to be forgetting how cool it'll be seeing MC's with actual patches on their kuttes/jackets, gangbangers with actual clothing representing their gangs and whatever else I can't think of at the moment, it's all pretty exciting. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
1 minute ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

For clarification the clothing in your screenshots are clothing items from GTA:Online and nothing that was technically added with 1.1, they've always been there and are on the 0.3.7 server too, you just can't see them - thankfully 1.1 fixes this.

Agree with what you're saying though, a lot of people are excited for their own circle's style of mods which is perfectly fine but seem to be forgetting how cool it'll be seeing MC's with actual patches on their kuttes/jackets, gangbangers with actual clothing representing their gangs.

Yeah, like I said I'm glad I'm wrong.

The specific additions for gangs/MCs are exciting for sure, but there's no denying just a general haul of modern clothes (even for the ordinary person) would bring alot to the server. I know I dread what my character looks like on other people's screens because of the mods I have on.

• nateX locked this topic