What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

12 minutes ago, Ted said:

There seems to be a misunderstanding between the functions of the Alt-Right, and the functions of Skinhead and Peckerwood gangs. These gangs aim their recruitment far far more towards their local area, and on the street. While alt-right groups, like say, the Identiarian movement, Atomwaffen (pre-fed takeover), the Proud Boys, and other similar groups do the internet propaganda you talk about. And really, this makes sense if you think about it for a bit. These gangs are primarily money-making criminal organizations. It in no way helps them if some internet troll halfway across the country thinks they're based.

Oh yeah, absolutely, I don't mean to imply they're connected directly, it's just that right now I'm simply missing a bit of a more casual propaganda or first approach to the politics that doesn't involve being already ankle deep.

Alt-Right organize for political purposes. They produce propaganda and rally in the streets, often disguising themselves as Libertarians, since Libertarianism is a tool used to promote Fascism through "Freedom of Expression". Good chunk of them are high-level intellectuals, posing themselves as preachers of "Liberty" when they really promote Fascist ideology, such as Jordan Peterson. They disguise themselves very well as a means towards shifting non-NAZIs and non-Fascists to their side.

Skinheads and Peckerwords prioritize on accumulating wealth through illegitimate means. Some MEMBERS are political, but they aren't political as a collective.

They're completely different.

Edited by DLimit

I'd definitely like to see the FBI. I understand there is a detectives division as well as many other investigative divisions in the PD/SD, although I believe the FBI could focus on a larger role when it comes to gang investigations / firearms trafficking etc specifically instead of policing. Would be pretty badass seeing the FBI "dismantle" and entire gang from the server. 

1 hour ago, borhoi said:

I'd like to note I haven't had interaction with these gangs. I read their threads and they just seem low low low quality to me

I dont wanna seem the asshole that derails the thread but if you base your opinion on a faction just by their screens alone then you're better off not voicing that opinion at all. Speaking from experience here.

Back on topic:

Definitely need to see some IRS going as soon as we get a revamped economy

17 minutes ago, DirtyVago said:

Definitely need to see some IRS going as soon as we get a revamped economy

I would love to see the IRS along with the need to actually launder illegally gained money through stores and such. That would be dope.

3 hours ago, borhoi said:

There should be a discussion thread here about what you'd like to see less of.

But really? Keep the legal RP coming. It's in a good spot. Let's see more GOV. Let's see more public works jobs. Let's see more shops and things without the sEeDy CrImInAl ElEmEnT that every single bar/club/shop seems to possess by default here.

And yeah I'd love to, on the illegal side, see more left leaning groups to counter the absolutely outrageous amount of neo-nazi/white supremacist/woodpecker whatever they want to be called today gangs. I do speak for a huge portion of the community when I say the swastikas and edge are getting old, and I speak from personal knowledge when I say that there is OOC motivation tied to a lot of the - once again, INCREDIBLY DISPROPORTIONATE - neo-nazi/white supremacist/woodpecker whatever they want to be called today gangs' members.

I'd like to note I haven't had interaction with these gangs. I read their threads and they just seem low low low quality to me.

inb4 'crybaby', 'snowflake', 'blacks kill more blacks than whites', 'race realist', 'call us [blank] instead', etc.

With all due respect, you've got no clue what you're talking about, so please stop generalizing factions based on your own personal opinions. that'd be great

2 hours ago, thelostart22 said:

Bring back the strawberry homeless faction! 

This.

Think we'd have more of these factions if people understood being a homeless character doesn't necessarily mean you sit on street corners 24/7 looking sad, there's millions of different circumstances that can lead to someone losing their home or choosing to live on the streets.

Mr. Broken Record over here but if anybody's wanting to try a homeless character go with a crusty - not only does it give you the freedom of choosing where and how to live but also leans heavily on the punk sub-culture of going against the norm and ✌fighting the system dude✌.

Your typical group of crusties (if a little heavy on the stereotypes) would be sat outside open businesses with their dogs and massive backpacks drinking, playing music, harassing customers/passersby for their cash and at worst shooting up drugs and starting fights, it doesn't have to be this doom and gloom sob story 24/7 and can lean heavily in to the illegal side of things.

Few things to watch if you're interested:

(intro of this video has a dead cat in it so hey, lil warning) 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic