What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

An actual neo-nazi party? Unlikely to ever be allowed on the server, given in it's core what you see as a neo-nazi group is either a street gang or and this goes mostly for EU, a political party with ties to paramilitary groups. Yes you can see them in US too, but people are more focused on gangs.

I'd actually want to see people RPing current extreme-right/fascist groups, which are a lot more clean shaven than skinheads with WHITE PRIDE WORLDWIDE tattooed on their forehead.

More people on the internet talking about White Genocide, fewer people re-enacting American History X.

13 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I’ll counter it with a Magic Mike XXL stripper faction, bring it on!

Jokes on you, I already run the gay male stripper scene.

7 minutes ago, Koko said:

I'd actually want to see people RPing current extreme-right/fascist groups, which are a lot more clean shaven than skinheads with WHITE PRIDE WORLDWIDE tattooed on their forehead.

More people on the internet talking about White Genocide, fewer people re-enacting American History X.

"Our goal is to portray a realistic white supremacist gmod community on GTAW" 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, Koko said:

Idk why these things are comparable. I think for sure it'd be cool for the people who RP leftists to have some Fuentes/Shabibo type weirdos to argue against yeah, but skinhead groups on this server are portraying criminal skins rather than the more well-known political far-right groups we more prevalently see online. 

tl;dr agree but also these aren't mutually exclusive

27 minutes ago, Koko said:

The difference is, on a realistic statement. LS replaces LA. LA is notorious for being one of the original breeding grounds for white power gangs in America, take a look at NLR/PENI and AB, which are now in multiple states. That's why people rp skinhead/peckerwood street gangs, because it's realistic for the server's setting.

1 hour ago, Paddy_McGee said:

Idk why these things are comparable. I think for sure it'd be cool for the people who RP leftists to have some Fuentes/Shabibo type weirdos to argue against yeah, but skinhead groups on this server are portraying criminal skins rather than the more well-known political far-right groups we more prevalently see online. 

Because these days that sort of internet alt-right propaganda is the prime gateway into that part of the political spectrum for your Average Joe and it just gives a more cohesive, generally immersive experience rather than seeing a bunch of teenage boneheads suddenly appear. I agree that they aren't mutually exclusive, I'm just saying it'd add some internal consistency to the surge of neonazi ideology if they had more public-friendly figureheads.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Koko said:

Because these days that sort of internet alt-right propaganda is the prime gateway into that part of the political spectrum for your Average Joe and it just gives a more cohesive, generally immersive experience rather than seeing a bunch of teenage boneheads suddenly appear. I agree that they aren't mutually exclusive, I'm just saying it'd add some internal consistency to the surge of neonazi ideology if they had more public-friendly figureheads.

Would be real interesting to see IC alt-right figures take up post on Facebrowser to inject subtle propaganda in an attempt to radicalize characters who are obviously vulnerable and troubled enough to fall in to alt-right beliefs instead of like you said, a magic batch of new racist characters materializing out of thin air to RP around the same 3 factions again and again.

Then again that'd require enough characters that realistically skirt the line and not the American History X / Rompa Stompa stereotypes we see plenty - shouting "STAY TIGHT AND FAR RIGHT!" to conclude your phone call in public isn't the most subtle portrayal of a racist, that's for sure. 

58 minutes ago, Lop said:

I mean that's happening and sadly those dogwhistles are quickly turning into OOC stuff, lol. The kind of people whom that roleplay attracts are the ones who think it's edgy, cool or fun to do so.

People are constantly doing hate comments under LGBT IC content for example, and it's obvious they're posted by OOC homophobes too.

If your roleplay was good enough to make characters ICly be radicalized, guess what it would do to all the vulnerable GTA RP losers who control these characters.

If you see IC lines being blurred regarding racism you can always shoot a PM to either Nervous, an admin or server management with the relevant evidence - remember staff come from different parts of the world living in different climates where they might not understand or pickup on signs of racism or dog-whistles, dog-whistles being named that for a reason.

How "AryanWarrior" was able to sit comfortably on the forums for so long with Rhodesian Army propaganda on his profile I'll never know but once again I'm sure was unintentional ignorance by the staff team and not them not caring, report this shit if you see it.

THANKFULLY the very large majority of players RP'ing white gangsters are super cool people OOC and obviously condemn their character's actions in the same vein Edward Norton isn't a Neo-nazi activist for playing one in American History X but unfortunately you always get one or two that ruin the reputation. 

I'd recommend making a thread on the issue if you was really wanting to discuss it - I'd link the other that was created but in a lady doth protest too much-esque move the OP was banned for having the 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf in his profile picture, go figure. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
3 hours ago, Koko said:

3 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Would be real interesting to see IC alt-right figures take up post on Facebrowser to inject subtle propaganda in an attempt to radicalize characters who are obviously vulnerable and troubled enough to fall in to alt-right beliefs instead of like you said, a magic batch of new racist characters materializing out of thin air to RP around the same 3 factions again and again.

Then again that'd require enough characters that realistically skirt the line and not the American History X / Rompa Stompa stereotypes we see plenty - shouting "STAY TIGHT AND FAR RIGHT!" to conclude your phone call in public isn't the most subtle portrayal of a racist, that's for sure. 

There seems to be a misunderstanding between the functions of the Alt-Right, and the functions of Skinhead and Peckerwood gangs. These gangs aim their recruitment far far more towards their local area, and on the street. While alt-right groups, like say, the Identiarian movement, Atomwaffen (pre-fed takeover), the Proud Boys, and other similar groups do the internet propaganda you talk about. And really, this makes sense if you think about it for a bit. These gangs are primarily money-making criminal organizations. It in no way helps them if some internet troll halfway across the country thinks they're based. They want people on the street, actively selling or buying their drugs. So they instead, again, target their local areas, and prisons. Recruitment has far more to do with who you hang out with than what you watch on the internet, and really, we don't see a huge internet presence from these gangs, I can truly only think of Blase

These "stay tight and far right" types of colloquialism also aren't unrealistic. We see them used often times, be it "Keep it white" or "Don't slip don't slide ______" or any similar saying. The people saying these often times don't really have to be subtle. They have white-supremacist iconography tattooed on them, its not like they're hiding their beliefs.

That being said I do think that many Peckerwoods could improve their RP. Many peckerwoods hold the same beliefs as skinheads, which while far from unheard of, isn't realistic realistic when there are so many. Most peckerwoods (for lack of a better term) "aren't racist". At least, not in the eyes of people in that sphere. They often time grow up in very diverse communities, and are no strangers to people of other races, and the vast majority of the time, hold no ill will towards people because of their race. 

1 hour ago, Lop said:

People are constantly doing hate comments under LGBT IC content for example, and it's obvious they're posted by OOC homophobes too.

If your roleplay was good enough to make characters ICly be radicalized, guess what it would do to all the vulnerable GTA RP losers who control these characters.

It is no secret that the Illegal RP community at large has a huge presence of homophobes. But as I just implied, this isn't an issue exclusive to White-Criminal RP. I've seen it in MC's, Sureno gangs, Black gangs, and really, just in general. I'd go so far as to say that I've seen more outright homophobia from people rping in Sureno, and Black gangs than White Gangs. I don't have an issue with people being ICly homophobic, but you're right that people often times dogwhistle their homophobia, and more often, outright state their homophobia OOC. That being said, I'm aware of exactly nobody whose characters was radicalized because of the existence of gay people. It far more often has to do with feelings of persecution, radicalization from friends and elders, a bad environment, and so on. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic