What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

4 hours ago, Marty said:

Well, at least it would be something, even if it's not some kind of a federal agency. But the key here would to make sure the same thing as last attempt of SABI does not occur again and just become a big joke, it has be taken seriously, led by people who know what they're doing as well as people who have considerable law enforcement experience. Otherwise the previous SABI will happen all over again and we'll be left in a place where we have nothing.

EDIT: Also none of that bullshit that previous SABI did by going to 911 calls, pulling people over or patrolling the city and the other dumb stuff they did.

Exactly. I think if SABI was done right and by the right group of people who I agree, shouldn't be pulling people over, patrolling the city - but simply investigating and taking their time, could be done perfectly. I would be more than willing to get my hands onto a concept like this, if there was a way to do it with the right group of people. I would want to take it seriously. I also believe even though it was silly, SABI was only closed because the leader just didn't really want to do it anymore. I think it should be given to a group of people who won't bs the idea and pull people over etc and do what they do IRL. I'd be so down for that. 

14 hours ago, Marty said:

Well, at least it would be something, even if it's not some kind of a federal agency. But the key here would to make sure the same thing as last attempt of SABI does not occur again and just become a big joke, it has be taken seriously, led by people who know what they're doing as well as people who have considerable law enforcement experience. Otherwise the previous SABI will happen all over again and we'll be left in a place where we have nothing.

EDIT: Also none of that bullshit that previous SABI did by going to 911 calls, pulling people over or patrolling the city and the other dumb stuff they did.

I'm not sure what your sources were but I can assure you that most of the things you've listed here didn't happen. Though I could spark a long conversation on SABI & how it came to fall, this is hardly the place for that nor am I the person to do so. I'm around the people who were in it, but I was never personally a member of it. 

Regardless, this all happened quite a long time ago, SABI has been closed for more than half a year, the person who was in charge of it has left the server.

Working with who we've got (PD, SD) and incorporating something under the state to act as state-based officials seems like the best idea to me. It could be put into continuity stating that the state is simply working alongside the federal government to access information & databases.

In real life, the federal government provides a lot of support to the states in terms of intelligence sharing. Just like the states provide intelligence to the municipal & county officials.

A state agency is possible to be created with the tools we have at our disposal now. The only limitations we face are script & interest. I can see that there might not be insane interest in people for joining this agency, as they might instead prefer active policing as patrol officers/patrol deputies.

5 minutes ago, BjornV said:

there might not be insane interest in people for joining this agency, as they might instead prefer active policing as patrol officers/patrol deputies.

Why dude? Why must I be a beat city cop to want to do more passive investigative work? Why must I go to a shooting in TAC 1 then resume my investigation? Why does every concept like this or some new umbrella of crime that can be investigated gets thrown to PD or SD. Not everyone wants to join PD or SD. I was in PD and it's meh but that's another discussion. PD already has it's hands full with all the work it already does and it's detectives are already mad busy. SD has the county to patrol, a jail etc etc. Anyways, it's not fair that because someone half a year or ago or whatever left a bad taste in everyone's mouth or whatever actually happened with SABI means everyone else who is hoping something like SABI or SABI itself will pop up again, won't ever get the chance to experience this type of RP without being a super-hero join every sub division cop. 

Edited by Ronnie two poles
14 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Anyways yes, we need to quit throwing everything on PD/SD as there are (a lot) people that want to see i.e the IRS, FBI etc be their own faction ran by different people doing their own thing. Not everyone wants to have to join PD or SD and be a beat cop just to investigate white collar crimes etc. 

I just want to be the taxman...

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Why dude? Why must I be a beat city cop to want to do more passive investigative work? Why must I go to a shooting in TAC 1 then resume my investigation? Why does every concept like this or some new umbrella of crime that can be investigated gets thrown to PD or SD. Not everyone wants to join PD or SD. I was in PD and it's meh but that's another discussion. PD already has it's hands full with all the work it already does and it's detectives are already mad busy. SD has the county to patrol, a jail etc etc. Anyways, it's not fair that because someone half a year or ago or whatever left a bad taste in everyone's mouth or whatever actually happened with SABI means everyone else who is hoping something like SABI or SABI itself will pop up again, won't ever get the chance to experience this type of RP without being a super-hero join every sub division cop. 

Even if a faction like this comes to pass I wouldn't support anyone joining it unless they'd been a law enforcement roleplayer on this very server. Just like SFM requires you to either have been a firefighter or a cop on this server before applying for SFM.

And I'm pretty sure that whoever's to be put in charge of such an agency would very well agree with me.

Besides, people in this faction should have a higher investigative standard than your average officer or even detective, and should be able to do everything a "peace officer" is supposed to do. What better way to learn than by being in a faction with a fully organised training system, field training program.

A small faction of 20 members (Which is a very generous number as I don't think this faction would get so far OR have need of so many members) that's full-time investigating financial crimes doesn't (or shouldn't need to in my eyes) have the support pillar to support a program that trains people from 0 to 100.

What good is an investigator that can't investigate a robbery? How are you going to get to the bottom of financial crimes, which are way more complex in nature?

37 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

I agree

Something else we could really use, is some sort of organized crime willing to sift through the criminal community and clean out the rogue elements. We need an authentic mafia presence that will sit down and explain, if not outright enforce 'the rules' that make for a functional and efficient criminal underworld.

Currently there is a growing paranoia around drug buys and robberies. Low-quality crimegrinders are running more rampant to the point that it is assumed every drug deal is a scam and every robbery is better resisted than complied with, and the police cannot fully address it all on their own.

One solution would be criminal organizations with standards taking the reigns and confronting the 'criminals' of the criminal community. Create a second front so to speak.

Provided an organization with influence manages this, drug deals may be easier to carry out without fear of it being a scam, and less OOC intervention may be needed in the long term.

Edited by DasFroggy

I see a lot of people mentioning cults, and I've heard of the server's shaky history with them. 

I will say that a group of friends and I usually do a cult thats pretty fun. It isn't a "cult" cult but rather a secret society with cult like tendencies, think stone masons. 

What we generally do is roll into servers and slowly convert people to our doctrine and spread out. We have members in LOA and in crime groups working their way up so we have our hands in every pot and a wide array of people who trust to slowly convert. Hell on one server we even got a governor elected from our group. Its slow burn and takes months but its always amazing. We've done it on DayZ, GTA V and Red Dead 2.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is secret society rp would be nice to see. A lot of people unfortunately go super cartoony with this kind of stuff. Although... if they're doing it right, maybe one already exists and we don't even know it. 😱

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see an asset management company exist. It's very easy to build up a small fortune on this server (and that's a good thing as it makes more types of roleplay accessible to players), but my current main character has no need for this money because it doesn't make sense for them to have it. She rents an apartment and rides a pushbike, I don't see her ever getting a car or buying a house unless she somehow gets a really high paying job.

So I'd like to be able to open an account with an asset management company and roleplay it as 401K/pension fund. Or be able to put this money somewhere ICly where it makes sense and someone else can roleplay with it. If there's anyone already doing this, lmk. 

Edited by MotionSickness
6 minutes ago, MotionSickness said:

I would like to see an asset management company exist. It's very easy to build up a small fortune on this server (and that's a good thing as it makes more types of roleplay accessible to players), but my current main character has no need for this money because it doesn't make sense for them to have it. She rents an apartment and rides a pushbike, I don't see her ever getting a car or buying a house unless she somehow gets a really high paying job.

So I'd like to be able to open an account with an asset management company and roleplay it as 401K/pension fund. If there's anyone already doing this, lmk. 

I know of Fenwell Capital Partners, LLP which might be something of interest to you. 

Fenwell Capital Partners, LLP. - Unofficial groups - GTA World Forums - GTA V Heavy Roleplay Server

I think if you reach out to @AIR they'll be able to provide you with some details and whether it's something that you can RP. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic