What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

3 hours ago, Jewval said:

Not sure if someone already mentioned it in this thread or if there's already a group running around doing this, but I think seeing an actual hobo faction of sorts without a set list of ranks and whatnot that just stands around the hobo camp by Strawberry and below Olympic and just constantly does drugs, social RP and harrasses people for donations and whatnot can be cool, with them forming somewhat of a community more than a gang, not just a few lone wolves going to a business once in a while asking for money outside the door, an actual group of people actively creating a small community there

People have made homeless factions before and they usually end up getting bored of it after a month or so. I see people doing it solo a bit more often lately but again it’s just a few people. 

1 hour ago, .Pluto. said:

Faction takedowns on an OOC level aren't possible as far as I know, and that is a good thing, no one wants to build a huge casefile and simply forward the faction to the archive when it's all done. We did it with Rancho, and it was fun RP. You can never shut the faction down, but you can cripple it. We crippled them by getting 3 high ranked members in front of the Court, including their leader. At the end of the day, it wasn't a "win" for me, two of them got out, Rocha is still in prison (about to get out because of the Appeal), but the Roleplay was fun. The issue is, people are looking to "win", and there is no win or lose in Roleplay.

This was s/o to @Naeno @Captain @mother_superior and several other people who participated on both sides, legal and illegal, and gave me the opportunity to participate in a month+ long Roleplay around VR13. 

My point is, you can't take down a faction, but you can cripple the faction. Illegal Roleplayers thrive for investigations, they want PD/SD or WHOEVER to investigate them, as @Rumbunctious said. Was participating in many voice discussions in illegal community discord, and vast majority is up for that. But, at the end of the day, we can't make decisions for PD/SD. 

And, this kinda isn't another PD/SD and "we want DA Investigators" topic, so I'll stop going off topic by just leaving the discussion. 

Those bust hurt the faction a lot more than anyone would've ever imagined, they work. I can actually see how that stuff could lead to a faction closing, thankfully we had people we could trust to carry the torch while our characters were in the slammer.

Like Stiggz said earlier more East LA Chicano gangs, only if Murrieta Heights & Cypress Flats at least had some kind of housing instead of nothing but industrial shit, warehouses and empty fields

also maybe an Upstate Sureño gang outside of Los Santos

and more gangs out in Mirror Park, Morningwood, Vinewood etc, instead of all being in Davis/Rancho

Edited by Nathan_Maestas
  • Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, Nathan_Maestas said:

Like Stiggz said earlier more East LA Chicano gangs, only if Murrieta Heights & Cypress Flats at least had some kind of housing instead of nothing but industrial shit, warehouses and empty fields

also maybe an Upstate Sureño gang outside of Los Santos

and more gangs out in Mirror Park, Morningwood, Vinewood etc, instead of all being in Davis/Rancho

I think we have enough gangs, civilian rp is becoming more of a bloodsport lately no matter where our housing is.

So before we know it, we have Fortnite here instead of GTA rp. 

Edited by Engelbert
4 hours ago, Rumbunctious said:

I could write books about all the excuses coming from the legal side as to why detectives are ineffective. Oh gee, what are the goalposts doing all the way over there now?

I think I reasonably speak for every single OCG player when I say we would LOVE for PD to attempt to dismantle our factions.

3 hours ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

So you're basically saying detectives are deliberately  not investigating because they don't want to take down factions, what's the point of being a detective then?

I'm not a detective. Never have been. I'm not speaking for them, but instead for what the previous faction leader himself has said. I can't remember the specifics of what was said ,but it was that they do not wish to actively hunt down factions and dismantle them. Don't shoot the messanger. 

4 hours ago, Jewval said:

Not sure if someone already mentioned it in this thread or if there's already a group running around doing this, but I think seeing an actual hobo faction of sorts without a set list of ranks and whatnot that just stands around the hobo camp by Strawberry and below Olympic and just constantly does drugs, social RP and harrasses people for donations and whatnot can be cool, with them forming somewhat of a community more than a gang, not just a few lone wolves going to a business once in a while asking for money outside the door, an actual group of people actively creating a small community there

It actually WAS a thing, one of the previous members contacted staff hoping to take leadership and revitalize it after it was archived but they either ignored the message or didn't bother responding.

• Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

So you're basically saying detectives are deliberately  not investigating because they don't want to take down factions, what's the point of being a detective then?

Simple, leadership has explained this in the past. It’d be relatively easy for a law enforcement agency to lock onto a gang and dismantle it if they choose to commit to it. With the abundance of resources and the overall legal strength it would be a relatively easy feat. But it’s not in the interest of roleplay, nor does it help anybody else. Instead you can see that they opted for a responsive approach, meaning that if you do your best to elude police you’ll have a relatively easy time. If you decide you do kill a cop every day, you’d find yourself on the opposite side.

This is the most practical position, the agencies can emulate the real life challenges when it comes

to prioritizing resources, and gangs have room to simply be. At the same time you have this ominous thing where you just don’t want to wake up a sleeping bear. 

• Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic