What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

19 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

"and I'll make a faction based on an interesting idea."

"Based on that, give some great suggestions!"

Read the whole thread and not just the title. 

edit : anyways gonna cut it here, not trying to go off-topic again

Oh, I read it. Just personally didn't care if I'm being real with you. The question itself was what faction would you like to see take place, I made it clear what factions it'd be cool to see take place.

Edited by Garras Up

Think more original ideas would benefit the server instead of making the same gangs or criminal groups that exist just because they can be proven to function within L.A. (Obviously within the realm of reason so no British chav gangs or what have you). Think people in general should be a lot more creative with their faction ideas, a multi-ethnic gang's a cool idea imo, and more original concepts instead of having incessant arguments about whats realistic or not to have on the server because XYZ gang doesnt operate in Southern LA.

• Upvote 4

I do think we're reaching a point where some more creative freedoms need to be allowed when we're talking about making factions. That being said, I think that should be tied to IC development not OOC planning. I shouldn't be allowed to take a gang that exists in say Atlanta and magically popup in Rancho. But, if me and several of my friends start playing as Hispanic kids and we decide to form our own gang which has no IRL counterpart but does have realistic IC development? I'd definitely like to see more gangs like that.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, nwah_ said:

Think more original ideas would benefit the server instead of making the same gangs or criminal groups that exist just because they can be proven to function within L.A. (Obviously within the realm of reason so no British chav gangs or what have you). Think people in general should be a lot more creative with their faction ideas, a multi-ethnic gang's a cool idea imo, and more original concepts instead of having incessant arguments about whats realistic or not to have on the server because XYZ gang doesnt operate in Southern LA.

I think the problem isn't necessarily players not being creative enough in their faction ideas but more staff outright denying anything that's not 100% proven and documented to be running in L.A at current times.

I get WHY it's like this because we're supposed to be playing in a fictional "L.A not L.A" area of the US but I feel it's a little unfair to blame players for not trying to be unique in their ideas when they're forced to have their factions either the same as what's presented IRL (spoiler, the majority of the same shit) or die trying. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Henning said:

I do think we're reaching a point where some more creative freedoms need to be allowed when we're talking about making factions. That being said, I think that should be tied to IC development not OOC planning. I shouldn't be allowed to take a gang that exists in say Atlanta and magically popup in Rancho. But, if me and several of my friends start playing as Hispanic kids and we decide to form our own gang which has no IRL counterpart but does have realistic IC development? I'd definitely like to see more gangs like that.

Finally someone gets it.

2 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I think the problem isn't necessarily players not being creative enough in their faction ideas but more staff outright denying anything that's not 100% proven and documented to be running in L.A at current times.

I get WHY it's like this because we're supposed to be playing in a fictional "L.A not L.A" area of the US but I feel it's a little unfair to blame players for not trying to be unique in their ideas when they're forced to have their factions either the same as what's presented IRL (spoiler, the majority of the same shit) or die trying. 

Agreed, I think staff should be a lot more lenient on factions being "realistic" and way less lenient on the actual RP quality they provide. Hopefully that changes so some unique concepts can actually be accepted and provide a different type of RP than what we're used to.

• Thanks 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic