What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

Not sure if someone already mentioned it in this thread or if there's already a group running around doing this, but I think seeing an actual hobo faction of sorts without a set list of ranks and whatnot that just stands around the hobo camp by Strawberry and below Olympic and just constantly does drugs, social RP and harrasses people for donations and whatnot can be cool, with them forming somewhat of a community more than a gang, not just a few lone wolves going to a business once in a while asking for money outside the door, an actual group of people actively creating a small community there

47 minutes ago, Marksman said:

That's because the PD do not wish to dismantle factions. With the right dedication, enough evidence could probably be gathered to shut you down in a few months. And then a few more months after you make the next faction.

But I guess that's not so fun.

So you're basically saying detectives are deliberately  not investigating because they don't want to take down factions, what's the point of being a detective then?

8 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

So you're basically saying detectives are deliberately  not investigating because they don't want to take down factions, what's the point of being a detective then?

Don't just blame deetees, they try, they work. But when many cases end up voided one way or another, no wonder they lack motivation. I said it before I will say it again. Year 3, still waiting for people to start roleplaying.

17 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Faction takedowns on an OOC level aren't possible as far as I know, and that is a good thing, no one wants to build a huge casefile and simply forward the faction to the archive when it's all done. We did it with Rancho, and it was fun RP. You can never shut the faction down, but you can cripple it. We crippled them by getting 3 high ranked members in front of the Court, including their leader. At the end of the day, it wasn't a "win" for me, two of them got out, Rocha is still in prison (about to get out because of the Appeal), but the Roleplay was fun. The issue is, people are looking to "win", and there is no win or lose in Roleplay.

This was s/o to @Naeno @Captain @mother_superior and several other people who participated on both sides, legal and illegal, and gave me the opportunity to participate in a month+ long Roleplay around VR13. 

My point is, you can't take down a faction, but you can cripple the faction. Illegal Roleplayers thrive for investigations, they want PD/SD or WHOEVER to investigate them, as @Rumbunctious said. Was participating in many voice discussions in illegal community discord, and vast majority is up for that. But, at the end of the day, we can't make decisions for PD/SD. 

And, this kinda isn't another PD/SD and "we want DA Investigators" topic, so I'll stop going off topic by just leaving the discussion. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, .Pluto. said:

I appreciate the nice words, but I've been trying to get DA Investigators, and kept failing because LFM doesn't want it, PD doesn't want it. For whatever reasons, and the reason "we don't need another LEO faction" isn't something that I want to believe in. DA Investigators at the end of the day wouldn't have arrest powers, only investigation, but, it is what it is. 

While I understand the hesitation to start an entirely new LEO faction just for investigations, I don't understand the resistance being shown to the DA's office. To me, empowering the DA's office is the perfect solution for this problem. It allows players who wish to conduct long form investigations a home without the incredible amount of manpower that would be needed to establish a new LEO faction. 

4 minutes ago, Henning said:

While I understand the hesitation to start an entirely new LEO faction just for investigations, I don't understand the resistance being shown to the DA's office. To me, empowering the DA's office is the perfect solution for this problem. It allows players who wish to conduct long form investigations a home without the incredible amount of manpower that would be needed to establish a new LEO faction. 

It even wouldn't be a new LEO faction, and we wouldn't have arrest powers. It was denied 15 days ago from Legal Faction Management. So, my wish is still there, I want to see and have DA Investigators, but I can't push forward with the idea again, because, as I said, it got denied recently. So that will remain only as a wish. 

Next to that, if hunting would be a thing again at RAGE 1.1, I'd love to see hunting lovers, groups of people Roleplaying around that. But, that's a big "if".

1 hour ago, Rumbunctious said:

I could write books about all the excuses coming from the legal side as to why detectives are ineffective. Oh gee, what are the goalposts doing all the way over there now?

I think I reasonably speak for every single OCG player when I say we would LOVE for PD to attempt to dismantle our factions.

tenor.png

On topic, just wait til we finally get RICO. Everything we do to OCG won't have lasting effects because the current penal code without RICO just gives OCG slaps on the wrists for things like extortion and racketeering. I have no doubts the conversation will go a completely different way when RICO is in place and we can actually do something worth while to an OCG, rather than invest hours and hours of investigative work for meager not-worthwhile charges.

• Wuhtah locked this topic