Changes in legal firearm limit. (PF Guns)

Zayyy

1 hour ago, friendlyman said:

All this is going to do is encourage PF vigilantism which is enough of a pain in the arse already

Big no

Facts right here ^^^

I've done nothing but criminal roleplay on the server since 2017 and have lost a total of two firearms in that time frame. You're doing something wrong if you're going through guns that quickly. If you want guns that bad go through IC means and find a supplier. Your suggestion is just going to enable stockpiling of PF guns which is exactly what we don't need.?‍♂️

No. I think that a limit on PF purchases forces people to check whether or not they really want to engage in a situation, as they already should be thinking based on realism. What I mean is, people should be thinking about whether it is realistic or not to engage in a situation, or whether their character would do so, and usually, this would result in less armed conflicts, but this PF limit allows for essentially the same check to happen in the player's mind, as they assess whether or not they'd like to lose half of their gun supply for the month. 

I've had a PF/CCW for almost a year now, and I've had my pistol on my character for the last 4-6 months, whilst unfortunately having to get into situations where I had to use my pistol. I've got no idea how PF/CCW holders lose so many firearms/ammo so often, but raising it makes no sense. The limit right now is fine as it is.

13 hours ago, Zayyy said:

There's always reasons for people to "lose" their licensed firearms. There's now also weapon serial removal thing. I don't really understand your questions. If you don't support the suggestion, just reply below with reasons why you don't /support/ it.

So this suggestion has nothing to do with one month being to long and everything to do with you trying to circumvent the weapons suppliers program.

Big no from me.

Like others have pointed out, if your not committing crimes the chances of you losing your firearm are pretty slim, people forget that PF licenses are a IC system, it's meant for law abiding citizens not criminals who are too lazy to find a gun connect. Increasing the amount of weapons that enter the server each month drastically effects the server, compared to a few months ago the weapons economy is in great shape this is due to an increase in variety and amounts given to weapon supplier each shipment. With the addition of serial number removers, the need for pistols and low tier weapons has been filled. 

Increase the amount of PF weapons would only hurt the weapons economy on the server. As it stands PF holders not only risk being tied to a crime if they sell their weapon, they also don't have any backup weapons should anything go wrong that month. Increase the amount? Now PF dealers have a main weapon, a backup and a weapon they can sell off each month. It would flood the market and probably encourage a lot of people to act unrealistically for their character knowing that they aren't risking their backup for the month should they choose to sell it. 

Pretty much no on allowing to purchase more weapons. I agree with @Henning reply, he provided a very good argument.

I'd remove the limit off purchasing AMMO or raise it to 200~300 bullets instead 100., guns is fine as it is. I'd also like to see an option to check when your month is over, why? Because it does not work according to current date and when month ends, it works according to your last purchase and what date it was counting a month ahead. Being able to check that at the least would be a help.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
2 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Pretty much no on allowing to purchase more weapons. I agree with @Henning reply, he provided a very good argument.

I'd remove the limit off purchasing AMMO or raise it to 200~300 bullets instead 100., guns is fine as it is. I'd also like to see an option to check when your month is over, why? Because it does not work according to current date and when month ends, it works according to your last purchase and what date it was counting a month ahead. Being able to check that at the least would be a help.

How much ammo do you go through? Realistically speaking pf holders shouldn’t be discharging their firearm but if they are maybe 10-15 shots max? As soon as you bring an ammo increase people will stockpile, people will think “hey I can make money” when it doesn’t fit their character. 

• mj2002 locked this topic