Phones require charging.

Raisin

53 minutes ago, VisioningHail said:

I don't think I'm for this idea in theory and in practice I reckon it'll lead to more people having to run out of RP and go out of their way to charge their phone or switch phones instead.

I don't think it's going to be a useful addition to the server in any way. Just seems as annoying as it is in real life, I think we should keep the phone charging out of the server since it really doesn't serve a purpose.

Yeah was thinking about this the other day! Would be sweet to have added. Charging a phone shouldn't take too long though, should be a matter of seconds. The depleting battery over time is a nice addition to make things a little more immersive. Tiny details like this tend to encourage people to roleplay the day to day routines a little more which is in my opinion only a good thing on a heavy rp server.

Edited by Raindance
12 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Supporting, it'll force you to roleplay it, and doesnt take anything than a single command.

To everyone complaining that it's an "unneeded mechanic", when was the last time you roleplayed charging your phone?

When is the last time your RPed eating? Going to the bathroom, taking a shower?

19 hours ago, borhoi said:

I don't like this idea. It's perfectly reasonable to RP your character is sleeping or otherwise idle when you're not logged in. Naturally, this would be the time when they'd charge their phone. I think this is an unneeded mechanic that would end up being more annoying than immersive.

In technical terms not all people charge their phones during the evening, my mum doesn't and she always leaves it until she gets up so not all people do. Secondly charging your phone simply adds more roleplay scenarios and you don't actually have to pretend your phone is dead when it could be. It stops notifications coming in so you have an /actual/ reason to roleplay.

I can see why it could be a hassle but I personally think this would be a good asset considering realistically some people charge their phone throughout the day or even during the evening, sometimes an entire situation can depend on whether you need to charge your phone, for example, let's say hypothetically one of your friends goes missing in LS and it's all rp'd correctly, however, they're texting you and they want to send you their location before their OWN phone dies BUT your phone is about to die, it causes panic, it causes emotions, it causes a scene and most importantly individuality. I would personally like to see the ability to charge your phone.

+1 for the suggestion.

10 hours ago, Winslow said:

In technical terms not all people charge their phones during the evening, my mum doesn't and she always leaves it until she gets up so not all people do. Secondly charging your phone simply adds more roleplay scenarios and you don't actually have to pretend your phone is dead when it could be. It stops notifications coming in so you have an /actual/ reason to roleplay.

I can see why it could be a hassle but I personally think this would be a good asset considering realistically some people charge their phone throughout the day or even during the evening, sometimes an entire situation can depend on whether you need to charge your phone, for example, let's say hypothetically one of your friends goes missing in LS and it's all rp'd correctly, however, they're texting you and they want to send you their location before their OWN phone dies BUT your phone is about to die, it causes panic, it causes emotions, it causes a scene and most importantly individuality. I would personally like to see the ability to charge your phone.

+1 for the suggestion.

I support the idea for this reason.

I put this up there with role-playing going to the bathroom and spring cleaning your house. I do that in real life, I come on here to roleplay with other people. Hell, I'd say this is the same as a hunger script, more RPG than RP. I'd rather spend my time role-playing than worrying about charging my characters phone. 

• mj2002 locked this topic