The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

Just wanted to jump in and give credit where credit's due, LOVED the RP between me and the three officers that pulled over and arrested my character over his nonexistent driver's license - the realistic level of corruption they showed and general "cop-like" behavior was amazing to see and be apart of, very refreshing and without trying to sound like an idiot, it made me proud?

I'm hoping this is the effect of the rumored changes to corruption, if so? Massive steps in the right direction. If not? Well shit, give these guys a metaphorical raise.

i'd list their names but I wouldn't want to out them if they were intending on playing it secretive. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

^ lol

Actually respected and agreed with what you said regarding PD, shame you're pulling this petty shit now and ruining the integrity of all the points you made in the past.

I'm one of the first people you'll find criticizing PD and what feels like their general attitude towards RP - IC moderators for the most part - but the changes they're making IF A LITTLE LATE are making a change for the greater good, isn't that what you wanted?

You complained about the "robocop" RP and mentality of "saving the day" over an actual realistic portrayal of a police officer and now they're making GOOD changes that me and other people are starting to notice IG you act like this? Do you want PD to actually improve or were the paragraphs upon paragraphs you posted nicely dressed shit-talk?

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

As @BINGBONGGHOSTsaid credit where credits due. I'm also a huge critic of PD, do I think we should have seen this shift much much sooner? Of course. But we're starting to see months of internal changes starting to pay off and that's a great thing. It's got a long way to go but I can't say I have too many complaints about PD right now. Keep it up.

Heavily enjoyed RPing with the officers that actually treated my 14-year old as a 14-year old, regardless as to whether some were STRICT and others were playing the sympathetic "good cop". Re-occurring encounters with officers seem meaningful, as they address the character by their first name and apply situations from previous encounters to the current one. I.E. "You cried last time when we caught you selling marijuana at the club, and you were crying! Not this time [insert name]!" etc... Very good development.

• Applaud 1
On 2/12/2021 at 4:30 AM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I'm hoping this is the effect of the rumored changes to corruption, if so? Massive steps in the right direction.

i can’t say too much considering i don’t wanna get in trouble for leaking manual stuff but there have been changes and they have been VERY welcome ones, i personally have felt a whole lot freer within my RP now that the boundaries and levels are much clearer and well thought out

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

QBJFU5J.jpg

Now, as an American myself - this is incredibly unrealistic. This would never happen in real life. I couldn't imagine three, or any number of police approaching that many gang members, ever - influencing them to do something as crazy as fight. It's noobish, bluntly put and just doesn't seem realistic. Where's the better portrayal of fear?  If anything, it reminds me of a scene out of End of Watch lmao. 

To try and provide some clarity/context since you're not the first person to express concern about this screenshot: GED had been tipped off about a gang-related gathering taking place. A group of six Gang Officers met up, briefed about the intel they had been given, and then responded to the location to investigate.

Upon arriving, they were met with far more people than they had expected - all of whom were in attendance for what appeared to be a 1v1 boxing event between members of at least two known street gangs.

Instead of calling in airships/swat/beanbag shotguns for runners (not to mention the lack of LSPD resources/personnel at the time), my character decided to take this as an opportunity to  "turn a blind eye" to the fight (which was taking place in a secluded location away from residential areas) - ask the gangs to keep this peaceful - and do so with a witty one liner about keeping the boxing match clean, no hustling on bets, et al.

What you've been seeing in the screenshots re: the roleplay that took place is a select few pictures and few lines from everything I just mentioned above, so I can understand how it may look unrealistic. Hopefully the context I've provided helps a little bit to understand all that took place for you and for others who have expressed concern about that situation.

Edited by u10sil
  • Upvote 6
58 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

It's never going to improve lol. Dude, it has over one hundred pages of constructive criticism. It's been trying to change for almost two years now. Leader after leader. When do you think the straw will break the camel's back? 

On a positive note there are some better RPers developing in threads like "Gang Enforcement Detail" in the screenshots gallery. But, on the flip side there still is this weird, very unrealistic RP going on in LSPD too.

Example:

QBJFU5J.jpg

Now, as an American myself - this is incredibly unrealistic. This would never happen in real life. I couldn't imagine three, or any number of police approaching that many gang members, ever - influencing them to do something as crazy as fight. It's noobish, bluntly put and just doesn't seem realistic. Where's the better portrayal of fear?  If anything, it reminds me of a scene out of End of Watch lmao. 

"

Actually respected and agreed with what you said regarding PD, shame you're pulling this petty shit now and ruining the integrity of all the points you made in the past."

That's good. Those points still stand, but they won't ever make a change to the faction. Just like the other hundreds of posts on this thread. 

Anyways; 

S/O to 

Take note of something different, brought to the table. Glad to see there are some diamonds in the rough. 

Peace. 

GED do interact with gang members quite a lot. In fact, GED is a part of hood politics in 2021. There are a lot of videos where GED casually interacts with gang members, and you'll see everyone laughing. The times when gangs shot at cops at sight was the 90's, you might wanna get with the times before criticizing people. On another note, I don't even know who you are, gangs prefer interacting with GED for the most part, keep us gang roleplayers out of your rants if possible, especially if your gang knowledge is limited to 90's chaotic Los Angeles.

Edited by RufioCas
  • Upvote 1

I'm support Rufio and Carlos here in that Police aren't robots. The style of policing where you send in an army over two groups of people meeting and having a small scuffle is long gone. Not only would the LSPD/SD doing that negatively impact roleplay, it wouldn't be realistic. Where as ensuring these groups are contained in a more person centric manner, like what Medina has done, and allow them to do what they want to do but letting them know it has to be by a small set of rules (in this case it was no shooting) benefits every party. 

If Carlos had done what you described, there would likely be a hell of a lot of forum reports, a guaranteed shooting and weeks of roleplay wasted. And as both have stated, it is done IRL. It's absolutely the done thing in a lot of these departments now. End of the day what poses more of a risk (Since it boils down to risk management); A group of people engaging with one another in a controlled fight, letting of steam in a manner which doesn't mean risk to life. Where they are entertained, occupied and not interacting much with what could be described as the community Peace Officers protect. Or excess escalation of a situation by calling in tactical elements, causing a resentment from those characters IC, and possibly sparking violent actions?

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic