The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

10 minutes ago, Kane Puledrotti said:

Join the department and see how things are for yourself, what thrives them and all that. Any why they do, what they do. No need to drop some weird ass commentary about PD's role-play or posting their screens shots to try to make them look bad, because its all in-character. If they got 5-10 guys on one guy, well that's up to them. You've seen how it is nowdays, right? You got dozen of cops on one suspect, not to mention during the night time when most monsters come out, they won't respond to a known gang area or suspect individual that may be gang related, they won't respond single or double unit, they'll bring additional units because a lot of times cops get shot at when they aren't in power in a known violent area. 

And you can't tell the police role-players /HOW TO ROLEPLAY/ what if I'd tell you to quit your gang RP and do it differently. You'd tell me to go fuck myself in all four directions, brother. You can't tell people how to execute their role-play, if they make mistakes while at it - they'll face the consequence if you go through proper channels, and even if departmental complaint won't work, use the evidence and send it to news or just expose it publicly, people will take notice. Everyone took notice after the IC footage of G6 guard shooting some kid getting shot for cutting a line, now imagine what they'd do if someone exposed police for doing something un-ethical or weird, but have anyone done it? Nope, just complaining how cops are role-playing.

And my fellow American, if your so smart. Why not just join the PD and as you progress, you'd improve and teach the non-American coppers how to act correctly, they are doing their best you know, what they managed to picked up off TV and researches, they can't nail it 100 percent..its not like they got real police instructors, they are doing their best.

And golden word that was given to me over a decade ago, when I was a bit critical about PD role-play "Can't beat them, join them". You can't it done neither with negativity and what you "expect" them to be, instead..join it to improve it. When you bash them, it won´t get anywhere. And its easy to raise up a stink, you don't see cops or anyone else posting "Gang RP and you" I bet it'd get a lot shittier commentary. 

- Kane Puledrotti / Castel Ramirez

I did join the faction, bud. It was not good. Yeah they got rid of one of the cancers in the faction, but there still are a lot of kinks needing to be worked. I wonder how the PI scheme is; last time I was in the faction it was very filler like and just not fun to be a POI. The faction lacked and probably still lacks balance. As much as I just pushed for realism for GED, there are ways to balance out fun in that retrospect but that's another topic. There should be a way to have fun in the faction but also uphold realism. 

Fellow American, I did join PD and I noticed a major problem that was supposed to get fixed back then and probably never did. 1000 posts about this faction, but really how much of it is implemented? Shit will always be swept under the rug, bub. I never said all of GED was bad, it's not. But it needs work. I do like what Pena and Riccardo are doing. Not everything Medina does is bad either, but it's deff confusing lol. I don't get any of my knowledge from lame ass 2006 Gangland or 90s LA, I get it's not like that. 

Been there done that, shit needs to be worked out. Kudos to the lucky few who have a grip in GED and can do it well enough. 

Can anyone tell me what happened with the PI scheme? It was awful, one of the major reasons I left the faction and also it just seemed like nobody really cared about people complaining about it. 

IDK. Take notes from the people who seem to do it right. 

Where is some input from gang RPers tho, that aren't friends or bias with someone on this thread? I'd love to hear from some of the progressing, striving gangs what they actually think when 3-4 cops intrude awkwardly on 25 of them. 

But anyways, Rico Suave. I get ya I do, but I've been in the faction. It needed a lot of work, it just wasn't for me and did not keep me interested over the point of 2-3 weeks, as it didn't for many others too. 

10 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Where is some input from gang RPers tho, that aren't friends or bias with someone on this thread? I'd love to hear from some of the progressing, striving gangs what they actually think when 3-4 cops intrude awkwardly on 25 of them. 

One of the faction leaders of the gang that initiated that whole roleplay said he thought it was cool. Look buddy, I can tag PD HC here and they can tell you how much of a headache I am to them with my constant PM's and reports. I criticize PD when they're worth criticizing. Building rapport requires interaction, crazy how it works, right? Give this a watch.

I kept biting my lip because I don’t like to join these types of discussions but here I am. 

The LSPD will always be in a case of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t”, there will always be people critical of how PD does things, either by being too relaxed or by being too strict or by not being either way, someone will always complain. 

I recommend everyone that they drop constructive criticism and stop with the finger pointing. 

Yes PD has its problems and I, along with many others, are actively trying to change the culture of roleplay within the PD, but you as an outsider will rarely see that. 

We’ve gone from no interactions in the lobby to having full on conversations that last for over an hour even, giving life to the lobby of the station at Mission Row, in what I consider a relatively short lifespan. I realize this is a petty  example and not something to go “wow” over, but it is the first thing that sprung to my mind. 

Also I urge everyone to please stop saying “you’re doing X bad” without even providing an alternative of how they should do it. 

and yes, at the end of the day, we’re humans sitting at a computer trying to play and have fun and we’re not perfect. I’m not asking of people to grab their hands together and sing kumbaya but all I ask for is basic respect between people. 

all the best. 

12 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

I did join the faction, bud. It was not good. Yeah they got rid of one of the cancers in the faction, but there still are a lot of kinks needing to be worked. I wonder how the PI scheme is; last time I was in the faction it was very filler like and just not fun to be a POI. The faction lacked and probably still lacks balance. As much as I just pushed for realism for GED, there are ways to balance out fun in that retrospect but that's another topic. There should be a way to have fun in the faction but also uphold realism. 

Fellow American, I did join PD and I noticed a major problem that was supposed to get fixed back then and probably never did. 1000 posts about this faction, but really how much of it is implemented? Shit will always be swept under the rug, bub. I never said all of GED was bad, it's not. But it needs work. I do like what Pena and Riccardo are doing. Not everything Medina does is bad either, but it's deff confusing lol. I don't get any of my knowledge from lame ass 2006 Gangland or 90s LA, I get it's not like that. 

Been there done that, shit needs to be worked out. Kudos to the lucky few who have a grip in GED and can do it well enough. 

Can anyone tell me what happened with the PI scheme? It was awful, one of the major reasons I left the faction and also it just seemed like nobody really cared about people complaining about it. 

IDK. Take notes from the people who seem to do it right. 

But anyways, Rico Suave. I get ya I do, but I've been in the faction. It needed a lot of work, it just wasn't for me and did not keep me interested over the point of 2-3 weeks, as it didn't for many others too. 

Considering all the feedback, as you mentioned 1000 posts.

What would you do to change it from it's current state? I'm curious.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

DxdbzdN.png
what is this @pd @Lfm

A field regroup where the gang members of Mirror Park approached it to interact with 15 cops. What is your issue or are you not going to explain yourself? 

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

87af356ded2c6a04a76713d25f091777.png
Perhaps it's unclear for you what's wrong here? Frankly I'm not surprised.

Yeah and them acting like that was addressed on an in-character basis that what they did was silly. Obviously the screenshot itself doesn't show that because the topic it was posted in was relevant to that. Frankly I'm not surprised you're just looking for something to be mad about.  

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic