Should we go full-on Night City?

Rekhoem

On 3/13/2023 at 7:37 AM, Eastside.Shady said:

Whenever someoene says to "bring the crime rate ic" I roll my eyes. This is a roleplaying server on a game based around shooting people and stealing cars. Most people can't spend 16 hours a day on this game, so they cut out the filler and get to thw action e.g arrests, chases, shootout, etc. Pretend the crime rate isn't so high, pretend it's a quirky version of Los Angeles. It's not that complicated. .

sounds like bad roleplay dewd 

• Upvote 3

I do think there are some strong comparisons in our Los Santos to what I could imagine to be the early stages of Night City, it's a fun idea to think about it and you could definitely see the city heading in that direction if you take what it is at face value. 

I enjoy how many of these posts completely missed the point of the topic.

• Upvote 1
On 4/21/2023 at 8:21 PM, el capo said:

are there any real statistics about the crime rate in LS, like actual numbers?

According to DMEC we had over 5000 homicides last year. And those are the bodies actually found, the real number is probably 10000+

Assuming we have an average of 2000 active players ( which is VERY generous on my side ) that means the average player dies at least 2.5 times a year, though it's probably more like 5 times due to the unreported bodies.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

There’s far too many factors to be taken into consideration when it comes to the high crime rate, why it’s so high, all the homicides, why we have such a high murder rate in comparison to our playerbase statistics, there’s just too many intricacies you have to get into. Just do your best to enjoy it for what it is.

I had to huff massive amounts of copium as I wrote this but I'm going to say it how it is. This post is not a political statement or an attempt to stir up the pot and offend anyone. How I see the USA is based off news and experiences from Americans (or just overall people who live there) who I talked to.

Modern America is not really nice nowadays, especially the large cities like LA. It's completely normal that this city we're roleplaying in is a crime riddled shithole. Following stoic philosophy, you should not be worried and pissed over stuff you have no control over. This server is probably not going to change and the only way to enjoy it as a civilian roleplayer is to be mentally prepared for the occasional bad shit happening. Whether it's getting jumped and robbed or witnessing some horrendous shit. I understand why civilians are pissed, it is difficult to roleplay someone who isn't desensitized to crime and a softie in a place where you constantly stumble upon various levels of crime, including the most vile and violent shit imaginable. But, it is what it is. Gotta do what you gotta do.

I wish we were roleplaying in a version of America where people are not this desensitized, unfortunately when you want realism... you get realism. Crazy, right?

You want less crazy shit? Go roleplay in the county. I totally recommend it. After all this is a game and maybe a good way to go about it is to not overthink stuff that much.

Good morning, Night city! 

Yesterday's body count lottery rounded out to a solid 'n' sturdy thirty! Ten outta Heywood - thanks to the unabated gang wars! One officer down, so I guess you are all screwed. 'Cause the NCPD will not let that go. Got another blackout in Santo Domingo. Netrunners are at it again, pokin' holes in the power grid. While over in Westbrook, Trauma Team's scrapin' cyberpsycho victims off the pavement. And in Pacifica... Well... Pacifica is still Pacifica.

This has been your man, Stan. Join me in another day in our City of Bugs!

• Upvote 1