Should we go full-on Night City?

Rekhoem

48 minutes ago, Rekhoem said:

I'd love to know the creative ways of how you're going about this, but something something meta

I am not, that's the thing. Not many people actually roleplay having a computer at all or something and even less rp dealing in cryptocurrency.

11 minutes ago, Y-fissal-ceed said:

You have to suspend your disbelief. My main character has murdered about 30 people in less than 2 years (and aged 20 years in them 2 years)

And you don't see a problem there? Interesting. So I will tell you where the issue is. Irl an average gang member has a body count of roughly 3-4 per life. Yes that is because LA has over 18 mil. inhabitants, LS only 800 at peak which is why the statistics are comparable, because given the numbers your character can rack up that high number easily. Whereas irl they would've been caught one way or another simply because of how the server works, irl PD has more tools and techniques they can use. And here, even if they build up case, it's usually voided, because of the community. So people shouldn't compare real life with the server, cause these simply don't match. Even if the murder rate is similar. And this all happens because people mistake Roleplay for RPG with a chatbox.

Edited by Engelbert
3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

And you don't see a problem there? Interesting. So I will you where the issue is. Irl an average gang member has a body count of roughly 3-4 per life. Yes that is because LA has over 18 mil. inhabitants, LS only 800 at peak which is why the statistics are comparable, because given the numbers your character can rack up that high number easily. Whereas irl they would've been caught one way or another simply because of how the server works, irl PD has more tools and techniques they can use. And here, even if they build up case, it's usually voided, because of the community. So people shouldn't compare real life with the server, cause these simply don't match. Even if the murder rate is similar. 

Well you'd have to remember that they are not all CK's, maybe like 5. My character has been murdered once. And honestly I don't see a problem with it, if I wanted a real life experience, I'd go outside.

Edited by Y-fissal-ceed
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Y-fissal-ceed said:

Well you'd have to remember that they are not all CK's, maybe like 5. My character has been murdered once. And honestly I don't see a problem with it, if I wanted a real life experience, I'd go outside.

Ooooh my bad, sorry I haven't counted the PKs in, they technically do not count as it is sort of a reset. 🙂

This whole idea is so stupid. People play here to have fun. There is SO much that doesn't align with real life. You want to RP a 20 year old? OK, wait 20 years. You can't fast forward IRL. You want that perfect hourglass curvy figure you got in your /examine? OK, RP a good diet and regular excercise to maintain it. You're only in game for 4 hours a day yet you own 3 vehicles and 2 apartments. You're gonna have to work double 10 hour shifts to maintain that now. You RP a cop? You don't gwt paid 60k a week, you get 80k a year. Bar tender? 5k an hour? Get outta here. 

But it's only an issue when it comes to crime. Everyone can suspend their disbelief as to how they and their friends are 23 year old multi millionaire bar tending, MMA champion volunteer life guard CEOs and multi millionaire P3+1s. Let people play the damn game.

• Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Eastside.Shady said:

This whole idea is so stupid. People play here to have fun. There is SO much that doesn't align with real life. You want to RP a 20 year old? OK, wait 20 years. You can't fast forward IRL. You want that perfect hourglass curvy figure you got in your /examine? OK, RP a good diet and regular excercise to maintain it. You're only in game for 4 hours a day yet you own 3 vehicles and 2 apartments. You're gonna have to work double 10 hour shifts to maintain that now. You RP a cop? You don't gwt paid 60k a week, you get 80k a year. Bar tender? 5k an hour? Get outta here. 

But it's only an issue when it comes to crime. Everyone can suspend their disbelief as to how they and their friends are 23 year old multi millionaire bar tending, MMA champion volunteer life guard CEOs and multi millionaire P3+1s. Let people play the damn game.

I think most people have issues with PVP, as everything said on the forums up to this point, always was about PVP. I know I complained about crime rate myself alot.

But then I realized, that all I am doing is crying about PVP, so I stopped doing that. And as soon as I stopped, I was able to have fun.