Should we go full-on Night City?

Rekhoem

2 hours ago, Natala said:

Man, I'd no longer have a life if there was a Rp server like gtaw set in Cyberpunk 2077.

(Being a single player game, I know this isn't possible.)

not sure if this is allowed but theres Dystopian RP fiveM servers which is PRETTY much what your describing, theres a few of them, their pretty sick and I play them from time to time as I used to play them on SA-MP, their more cyber punk vibe with a completely different style of play, things like crafting hunger etc building, farming materials to build shelters & cars etc
Albeit the player base is low(20-50 players usually) It is as your describing, a dystopian cyberpunk text roleplay 

7 minutes ago, TonyMontana12 said:

not sure if this is allowed but theres Dystopian RP fiveM servers which is PRETTY much what your describing, theres a few of them, their pretty sick and I play them from time to time as I used to play them on SA-MP, their more cyber punk vibe with a completely different style of play, things like crafting hunger etc building, farming materials to build shelters & cars etc
Albeit the player base is low(20-50 players usually) It is as your describing, a dystopian cyberpunk text roleplay 

It's not the setting really, yeah I imagine there are plenty of cyberpunkesq or dystopian and futuristic rp games. Used to play on SWTOR as a roleplayer, and Nar Shaddaa is very cyberpunk. It's the game. Cyberpunk 2077 is so similar to Gta5 in the engine from the vehicles, and npcs wandering around to the way the city is layed out. It's such a love letter to Gta5. But obviously not designed to be multiplayer, and that's okay.

Edited by Natala

It's an RP game based off crime, that's what a lot of people are going to RP. There are hundreds of different players and circles in this game. Many of whom that I have never met nor ever get the chance to due to things like timezones, etc. In roleplay in general, there is some understanding that you must suspend certain things in order to keep a story going, especially one in which involves upwards of twenty plus other writers in it. 

At the end of the day, I choose to mainly focus on the story of my own character's block, the associates they have throughout the city, and leave it at that. I log in and work at legal businesses sometimes, but I do try to mix in crime because well, it's a server for a game based on crime. I see it more like a crime drama than something dystopian. If I tried to incorporate everything I saw in the city into my own character's story, I'd lose complete agency. 

As for the Night City comparison, there's a lot more to cyberpunk as a genre than what Los Santos shows. There is little to zero technical gap between the rich and the poor on this server. There is also a lack of extreme corporate control in the average citizen's life. There is also no general science fiction premise to build off of. There is more to cyberpunk than neon lights and flashy guns. 

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Eastside.Shady said:

This whole idea is so stupid. People play here to have fun. There is SO much that doesn't align with real life. 

Yeah. I'm not suggesting to OOCly reduce crime, restrict concepts or anything like that. 

Rather, we oughta stop making things an OOC issue all the time and just take everything - the crime rate, the violence, the war-like situations in the poorer districts - completely IC and deal with them as such.

3 hours ago, Natala said:

Man, I'd no longer have a life if there was a Rp server like gtaw set in Cyberpunk 2077.

(Being a single player game, I know this isn't possible.)

I know, right?

3 hours ago, kristofer said:

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Screenshot_2022.10.27_-_18.23.11.59.png

Superior aesthetics. 

15 minutes ago, Clack said:

I strongly suggest you revise your idea

Not a suggestion, just a discussion.

1 hour ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

It's an RP game based off crime, that's what a lot of people are going to RP. There are hundreds of different players and circles in this game. Many of whom that I have never met nor ever get the chance to due to things like timezones, etc. In roleplay in general, there is some understanding that you must suspend certain things in order to keep a story going, especially one in which involves upwards of twenty plus other writers in it. 

Which is completely fine. However, I don't think we can just expect people to RP a crime rate similiar to that of irl LA if they get robbed several times a month, if not week on average, routinely find corpses in alleyways even in the richer districts and have the police be unable to respond to many calls because there's too many for them to cover.

I'm not saying this is bad. Rather, that we can't expect people to suspend their belief. The crime rate, the crime, the low amount of middle class individuals with am overwhelmingly large upper and lower class, the high amount of gangs and gang-related violence... It all is IC and should be taken as such.

People often complain OOCly that this and that is unrealistic because it doesn't happen in LA. Well, we're not LA and imho shouldn't hold ourselves to LA, which has less crime, higher homelessness, a police with massively cut budget, 'less' racial issues and less guns per capita as a Standard.

51 minutes ago, Rekhoem said:

Yeah. I'm not suggesting to OOCly reduce crime, restrict concepts or anything like that. 

Rather, we oughta stop making things an OOC issue all the time and just take everything - the crime rate, the violence, the war-like situations in the poorer districts - completely IC and deal with them as such.

I know, right?

Superior aesthetics. 

Not a suggestion, just a discussion.

Which is completely fine. However, I don't think we can just expect people to RP a crime rate similiar to that of irl LA if they get robbed several times a month, if not week on average, routinely find corpses in alleyways even in the richer districts and have the police be unable to respond to many calls because there's too many for them to cover.

I'm not saying this is bad. Rather, that we can't expect people to suspend their belief. The crime rate, the crime, the low amount of middle class individuals with am overwhelmingly large upper and lower class, the high amount of gangs and gang-related violence... It all is IC and should be taken as such.

People often complain OOCly that this and that is unrealistic because it doesn't happen in LA. Well, we're not LA and imho shouldn't hold ourselves to LA, which has less crime, higher homelessness, a police with massively cut budget, 'less' racial issues and less guns per capita as a Standard.

Honestly many people slide through daily corpses in the streets and the fact they know least one person who's been robbed several times, pretty much ignorantly. As you said we cannot expect them adding every single occurence or situation, to their story/development/experience. That's just impossible.

Everybody talking about not using OOC means to reduce crime in any way shape or form, and that people complain OOCly too much. But as soon as we start making the police reasonably powerful to actually fight crime ICly you'll have half the server on the forums OOCly complaining about law enforcement pulling people over too often or conducting too many searches. The hypocrisy is strong in this one.

Edited by Martyn