Should we go full-on Night City?

Rekhoem

On 3/15/2023 at 1:51 PM, DLimit said:

I'd say that realism was much stricter than today. Or, at least, punishments were issued much more harshly.

the move from laxed rp fun to hyper realism was happening since 2018. after lsrp shut down there became a weird hybrid of people wanting hyper realism and people wanting to just have some fun. Its a weird combination of everyone so now we have hyper realism in some areas, but not in others

5 minutes ago, sparky said:

the move from laxed rp fun to hyper realism was happening since 2018. after lsrp shut down there became a weird hybrid of people wanting hyper realism and people wanting to just have some fun. Its a weird combination of everyone so now we have hyper realism in some areas, but not in others

The supposed "hyper realism" is what attracted me to GTA:W in the first place and made me decide to leave LSRP, made GTA:W stand out and opened my eyes to how fun and immersive things can be as opposed to the Gotham City simulator LSRP was.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:31 AM, Engelbert said:

I wish it was lol. It's not easy to portray a cybercriminal in a game not designed for it.

Or where nobody actually plays along when you do, questions why you're doing it and power games having every kind of safeguard in place. I've tried it, it's not a fun experience. It's also not supported by the script or officially by admins.

But yeah, the stats don't lie. It's time to stop comparing LS to any real life city, yet the second civilians try to defend themselves or their businesses as they would irl, it's nonrp fear. Something has to give imho

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

Or where nobody actually plays along when you do, questions why you're doing it and power games having every kind of safeguard in place. I've tried it, it's not a fun experience. It's also not supported by the script or officially by admins.

But yeah, the stats don't lie. It's time to stop comparing LS to any real life city, yet the second civilians try to defend themselves or their businesses as they would irl, it's nonrp fear. Something has to give imho

Well people don't play along with many things, which is why I never accept it when they try in invoke realism. Take pickpocketing for example,I rped it many times only to be met with nope...

I think a Night City RP would be amazing. Cyberpunk is one of my favourite games of all time. NC has a lot of similarities to LS and honestly, it would not surprise me at all, if in the future LS turned into NC.

There is the crime issue which makes it difficult to strike out on your own without having to either hire a gang for protection or someone like G6. G6(I've not RP'd with them so all of this is ooc info I've read) seems to have a real early Militech vibe about them, or even Arasaka both of whom make alot of money from corpo security in game. It wouldn't be too far of a jump to see the wealth divide in LS grow between those who are able to afford security, housing, and businesses' and those forced to turn to gangs to make a living, with the city/state government struggling to find its self and retain staff, resulting in a weird NC type state, with the affluent areas being relatively safe if you have the money to be there, and the rest of the city being like pacifica. I mean vespucci already gives off some real failed pacifica vibes.

So back to OPs original post, I think it would be more likely that in 2077 LS would end up being very similar to NC unless something drastically changes

• Upvote 1