DISARM SECURITY GUARDS

Do you think security guards /really/ need guns?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When will people realize, that Los Santos isn't a modern American city, it's supposed to be.

Next we will be removing house alarms, because burglars want to work in peace?

When people stop causing ooc drama in clubs, using any argument to stab or shoot someone, then maybe we could talk about security guards leaving guns at home. As long as Los Santos violence rate is at the top of the world, the situation won't change.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

When will people realize, that Los Santos isn't a modern American city, it's supposed to be.

Next we will be removing house alarms, because burglars want to work in peace?

When people stop causing ooc drama in clubs, using any argument to stab or shoot someone, then maybe we could talk about security guards leaving guns at home. As long as Los Santos violence rate is at the top of the world, the situation won't change.

I'm just saying, man, things would be so much better if we just embraced the Night City vibes. Lean in hard to the GTA aspect and accept that Los Santos was intended to be a violent, dangerous city. Let the police wear riot armor and patrol with an iron grip. Let gangs terrorize anyone they want however they want. Let civvies get that moment of glory shooting and killing some attackers. Drop these standards of how people should behave and let's all bathe in the glow of burning anarchy in what Los Santos was intended to be.

...or we can keep this stupid charade of one-sided "rEaLiSm" going where each side scrambles for whatever meta advantage they can get before being beat down by a staff team that can't wholly account for every angle of realism in a wobbly deception nobody really loves.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

I'm just saying, man, things would be so much better if we just embraced the Night City vibes. Lean in hard to the GTA aspect and accept that Los Santos was intended to be a violent, dangerous city. Let the police wear riot armor and patrol with an iron grip. Let gangs terrorize anyone they want however they want. Let civvies get that moment of glory shooting and killing some attackers. Drop these standards of how people should behave and let's all bathe in the glow of burning anarchy in what Los Santos was intended to be.

...or we can keep this stupid charade of one-sided "rEaLiSm" going where each side scrambles for whatever meta advantage they can get before being beat down by a staff team that can't wholly account for every angle of realism in a wobbly deception nobody really loves.

I'm not gonna lie rolling up to a scene in an Ambulance and popping out with a BLS bag and a shotgun would be pretty dope.

Just now, Whiskey said:

I'm not gonna lie rolling up to a scene in an Ambulance and popping out with a BLS bag and a shotgun would be pretty dope.

A police convoy fully kitted up, moving a high profile prisoner to some deep hole, only to get ambushed halfway on the highway is the sort of stuff that I'd live for. Paramedics moving armed for safe treatment and extraction of the wounded would be dope. Civilians being marketed the finest in self-defense through safer cars and better weapons would add a balance to the debate that would honestly give most participants a sort of satisfaction that we're constantly veered away from by an annoying few that can't emotionally accept having an even playing field.

Lots of people come here expecting GTA with roleplay, not real life work simulator. Let's give them that.

• Upvote 1

I don't think they should be disarmed, if people try and act like they are cops as a guard then there needs to just be licenses revoked or RPQM regulations. There are plenty of armed security in real life, and while we want realism this server won't be 1:1, unfortunately since the server has a huge amount of crime I do think it warrants an equal increase on the opposite side, protection/security. Security is quite a big necessity for a lot of businesses/people here and unless the cause of that, the crime is somehow lessened I don't think it makes sense to say you can't combat it.

On 1/27/2023 at 4:50 PM, Bandit. said:

There is no reason to have armed security guards on this server,

Yes there is. Los Santos had 5000 homicides last year.

Los Santos is a hilariously deadly city with the worst murder rate in the universe. Everyone should be armed, realistically. Definitely security.

Edited by pateuvasiliu