feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

30 minutes ago, Gallagher said:

engelbert, i know you feel obligated to defend the players who are being criticzed in this thread, cos you picture a culture war where there is only mallrats and shit gangmembers, but it's a lot more grey than that. 

sometimes u need to step back from ur personal involvement in a debate and look at it objectively. 

At this point we’re basically just a confederation of communities that are each peaceful, tranquil and content. At least until the slightest bit of contact occurs with another community. Then both regress into chaos and destruction. 

27 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Instead of spewing brain drain vitriol at "mallrats" and eventually get the thread locked by an admin for being too toxic,

Why my messages would look toxic and risk to lock a thread that you will probably see again next month and we have seen more than once. I am just saying what is happening on this server, no bullshits. People are aware as well, we have discussed about it countless times but nothing changed. Legal rpers can have fun of illegal rpers with their "(M) characters" bullshit but you call them mallrats and they start bitching about it. I believe this community knows nothing about "toxic" yet i see yall accusing people of being toxic everyday. I could tell you who really is toxic and leave you speechless. Dont lemme start bc I dont wanna catch a community ban

15 minutes ago, Gallagher said:

it's difficult

Sometimes feels like that, true. But we have also seen some improvements 

1 minute ago, bncal said:

Why my messages would look toxic and risk to lock a thread that you will probably see again next month and we have seen more than once. I am just saying what is happening on this server, no bullshits. People are aware as well, we have discussed about it countless times but nothing changed. Legal rpers can have fun of illegal rpers with their "(M) characters" bullshit but you call them mallrats and they start bitching about it. I believe this community knows nothing about "toxic" yet i see yall accusing people of being toxic everyday. I could tell you who really is toxic and leave you speechless. Dont lemme start bc I dont wanna catch a community ban

Sometimes feels like that, true. But we have also seen some improvements 

12 minutes ago, RoyalPainter said:

every nightclub and business in LS is somehow mafia affiliated and unworthy of being exorted or allowed to sell drugs in without ten dudes dragging you out or something 

This here is an important point:

@Gallagher What you receive as "catering to civilians" is in fact too many criminal orgs, many of small scale, fighting over bits of pie (this might include certain parts of some "legal" factions as well). Unchecked, as there's really just two LEO factions with active patrols. They just can't rp as much law enforcement as the regular criminal activities would demand, left alone crime prevention. And parts of these are corrupt ic, oh well.

LS has so much organized crime- and if it's just 10 people, that is a lot of hands in our small town- that the described small criminal John Doe will get under the wheels.

Unless again he sticks to his own designated faction area where he enjoys a degree of safety as long as he's in his uppers' good graces.

Edited by knppel
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RoyalPainter said:

I agree heavily with this. I think more night clubs and what not would be kinda cool considering every nightclub and business in LS is somehow mafia affiliated and unworthy of being exorted or allowed to sell drugs in without ten dudes dragging you out or something 

I gave a fac startup a shot about a year ago on here, the niche was coke, we cut it and sold it as pure. Real grimey scum shit. Anyways, there's not a single grimey hole in the wall type party place or anything, had to sell coke at the emo club WHICH ENDED UP BEING A FED STING. 🤗 Gotta love it.

this has been happening for years, people are going to say alot of things and they're not gonna care lol

lemme elaborate, look at south central I've seen one bar open in the last two months down there so that means one of two things, the right people don't get bars/clubs/make-shift bars/clubs etc or they arnt opening them, we need spots where your typical gang member could go to where the rules are loosened spots that get closed due to brawls, violence that you won't see in Richman or other high class areas, I think the server is general is too PC because of a few bad apples who over escalate situations in reality Long Beach, Watts, Slauson all have low end bars/clubs where shit goes down, there are enough interiors and people willing to manage those places, you just have to allow it to happen... the thing is people have been asking for this for years, we go back and forth and nothing changes.

just an example

Edited by el capo
  • Wuhtah locked this topic