feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

35 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

How come you confuse 'willing to work' with dictatorship? When I say willing to work with us, this means educating us. I am confused on where the disconnect is and why you automatically assume this? 

There are plentiful things I do not know about and some do. There is a player who is running a successful business now in which I had 0 clue on and wanted to give him a smaller property. They explained it, gave me a few links to read up, and I gave him the property he wanted. 

Goes both ways, please don't assume the negative. Working with us means to work with us - just how we'll work with you.

Please spare me. It's not an assumption, it's a lived experience. PM is a hassle to work with. I've experienced the interactions myself, and I've witnessed it happen to others. Like a business was literally named with my full name, and after losing it to the amazing rule of inactivity, I had to reapply with 250 words when I could just say, "well it was mine, and I'd like to resume the roleplay".  I swear I'd rather have another player snatch it and just buy it fromhim ICly, than interact with PM. Same is with trying to explain an unique concept beyond the application. Meaning the application is flawed and requires further OOC work to make someone understand.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 4:59 PM, Gallagher said:

hello,

ive returned to GTAW after some time and i've noticed that nigh on every single business is aimed towards high-end, wealthy characters. where exactly am i meant to go to interact with average joe's or characters with some criminal affiliation? 

do you think that IFM is doing enough to support illegal factions in their creation of legal businesses as fronts/hangouts? 

it feels as though there is nowhere to go to roleplay with 'normal' individuals. 

what is your experience? i feel as though average joe's and criminals are massively outnumbered on this server and the current climate may put off illegal roleplayers from playing on the server. i think there has to be more of a drive to implement businsses for 'normal' people. dive bars, diners, punk bars, sandwich shops, whatever. 

there should also be more done to stop ridiculous interiors. please see below. this interior looks like its from an elven fantasy RPG. i assume im not alone when i say it feels ridculous for my character to be here. have you EVER been somewhere like this in real life? have u ever seen a coffee shop make so much money that they can afford this kinda furnishing? 

i know the argument about suspending reality on a roleplayer server is an ongoing one but this is excessively unrealistic. to the point that, if ur character isnt rping being a millionare (or an elf), they shouldnt be here.

901f5998ea43e17370ec49330f902b8f.jpg

There is businesses and places you can go to, but maybe just not as public as the others. I can imagine players feeling very overwhelmed when they join and try to portray just a normal criminal character, maybe because people with characters who have been in the server longer will have much better assets, know people etc. I think you've just gotta know people to really succeed with illegal roleplay. (Bare in mind, I've barely touched illegal roleplay)

I'd actually like to take this moment and shout out Trippy's Grille. That shop, along with a lot of new businesses that have popped up in county, have begun to provide a good site for exactly the kind of RP people like me are looking for. It's got a strong blue-collar vibe and there isn't a sport's car to be seen for miles. As God intended.

• Upvote 4
9 hours ago, Barbary said:

I'd actually like to take this moment and shout out Trippy's Grille. That shop, along with a lot of new businesses that have popped up in county, have begun to provide a good site for exactly the kind of RP people like me are looking for. It's got a strong blue-collar vibe and there isn't a sport's car to be seen for miles. As God intended.

That's always been the majority of businesses in the country, really. They just come and go with area and faction activity.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll keep saying it and it has prolly been said on this thread, by me lmao;

It's the economy - don't give people a quarter of a million for just being online, don´t pay 4k an hour for every simple scriptjob. It's too much.
If the number didn't go up so quickly I dare to say that a lot more people would rp poor or well-off. I know that for a fact because I've played on a roleplay server with a sort of normal economy with roughly the same rp standards.

People on GTAW keep saying that money shouldn´t limit roleplay. I think it should? We're roleplaying an American city, not upper class Dubai. You can have serious quality roleplay without involving your Elegy and a 500$ glass of vodka.

There would be a lot more reasons for (criminal) factions to do stuff if you actually need to make some money on this server.

Hate people driving fancy, fully modded rice cars everywhere? Fix the economy.
Hate people hording stats and properties? Fix the economy.
Hate the British? Me too.

Edited by croozerdog
found out I already said the same freaking thing
  • Upvote 4
On 7/30/2022 at 12:33 PM, Vash Baldeus said:

There's an RPQM Report you can file.

I'd fix the economy so people CANT do unrealistic purchases, rather than having an arbitrary ruleset on what you can and can´t do on a character, probably depending on the mood of the handling RPQM member.

People were grinding scriptjobs? I'd put a hard limit on how long you can do script jobs before having to switch to a faction to make your money, since script jobs are basically RPG. It's the best thing I can think of, it'd support faction roleplay. It's always been a problem on rp servers and people still do it to an extend even when getting a godly amount of money for being online.

38 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

I'll keep saying it and it has prolly been said on this thread, by me lmao;

It's the economy - don't give people a quarter of a million for just being online, don´t pay 4k an hour for every simple scriptjob. It's too much.
If the number didn't go up so quickly I dare to say that a lot more people would rp poor or well-off. I know that for a fact because I've played on a roleplay server with a sort of normal economy with roughly the same rp standards.

People on GTAW keep saying that money shouldn´t limit roleplay. I think it should? We're roleplaying an American city, not upper class Dubai. You can have serious quality roleplay without involving your Elegy and a 500$ glass of vodka.

There would be a lot more reasons for (criminal) factions to do stuff if you actually need to make some money on this server.

Hate people driving fancy, fully modded rice cars everywhere? Fix the economy.
Hate people hording stats and properties? Fix the economy.
Hate the British? Me too.

This 😯

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, croozerdog said:

Fix the economy.

People keep repeating this, but none of them offer a sliver of a solution for to the supposed problems with the economy. You can't just fix the economy. All you're doing is providing a brief glance at how you want a specific outcome of GTAW's economic system to look like, without looking at the entire picture. That's not a solution, its just fantasy.

• Wuhtah locked this topic