Natural disaster events

I'd be ok with wildfires specifically since that can be realistic in some parts of the map given it's comparative environment. Can also be contained in a way where despite being a p much only legal conducive event, prevents impacting others not involved. Someone mentioned mudslides too that'd be cool and accurate around the mountain ranges.

When it comes to earthquakes maybe, since it'd effect the wider region, please for dear god, do not do this like LSRP and make it  an RP version of the San Andreas movie (the one about the fault line).

Edited by Midwest
1 hour ago, Trupiano said:

Massive support. 

Maybe not hurricanes and tsunami's since realistically those are events that would create massive amounts of damage that would take years to recover from (New Orleans took 14 years to recover after Katrina.) But Forrest fires, flash floods, minor-medium sized earthquakes would be awesome. Events who's effects will be felt for several weeks but don't necessarily force the entire server to adjust.

Some examples:

Mudslides closing portions of the freeway system or mountain roads, limiting the connection between the larger county and the city of Los Santos. Would create some pretty interesting RP for emergency responders.

Earthquakes damaging or destroying several small connecting bridges around Los Santos. Limiting route access to certain areas. 

Wildfires are the thing I'm most in favor for, I'm pretty sure we also already have the tools to deploy it as well. Imagine a fire breaking out in Banham Canyon effectively threatening USLA and the luxury homes in Vinewood Hills. Activating temporary evacuation orders, mega wealthy characters panicking because their house might burn down. To clarify I'm not in favor of using natural disasters to destroy people properties and RP, but using them to create a threat and unique scenarios would be great. 

I think minor stuff that shouldn't affect server wide stopping many rps but enough to be noticeable and known by the whole server, changing some dynamics here and there might be useful. Adding RP to all groups but not extreme, this guy got it well.

I think disasters as a whole have potential, just not ones that disrupt the flow of RP in such a massive way. 

Heavy rains requiring people to dress correctly, freak blizzards that make driving harder- not stuff that's basically 'hey stay inside.' 

Earthquakes are also fine, because it's.. california. Most buildings are resistant, and a few minutes of a quake is a good 'wtf' moment.

I think when we get into hurricanes and tornados, we're pushing the boundary into stuff that'd just exist for legal factions. What are civilians meant to do but hide? Shelters and such could be opened- but that's a disruption to many people's wants. (I'd personally be for it, but I can see how certain areas of players have zero interest in it.)

As far as more severe weather and up to earthquakes go, I say do it. 

• Upvote 1