Thoughts on the clothing update?

Timzii

6 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Whatever the reason, I'm not a fan of deleting anything unless it's broken or unusable.  People give too much importance to some accessories or pants of a game and instead of joining the server to play they only join to talk about others RP and judge them.

The reason quoted for removing them is 
"It was deemed and requested by admins, that the cat ears should be removed as they were usually used in connection with subpar RP. We can only mention the CCW Cat ear wearers as an example, not just a meme. "

Edited by Cindy

As someone who has never once made an outfit with the cat ears, I still think removing them is ridiculous. If sub-par RP is happening, target those doing the sub-par RP. Some of the female clothing items being added encourage significantly worse RP--the amount of leather strap fetish gear we have for female characters to somehow squeeze their perfect supermodel cut-from-marble gymbods through encourages far worse sub-par RP and is far more normalized. 

Thank you for those who curate the mods for this server, either way. It's fun to see, and hopefully it allows people some customization they felt was missing. Like other people in this thread, I just wish there were more everyday options, but a lot of modders understandably just wanna work on sexy stuff.

Edited by Ink
  • Upvote 1

It's pretty good update. I especially love the new necklaces and chokers.

Clothing-wise... I feel like too much of it is leaning towards the sexy/slutty side. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am grateful that we got a massive clothing update and some of this stuff can be used to make pretty cool party/rave outfits or just chill-at-home outfits, but I personally was expecting more "normal-everyday-life" type of clothing. Overall, it's a good upate, just not 100% what I was expecting.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

It's pretty good update. I especially love the new necklaces and chokers.

Clothing-wise... I feel like too much of it is leaning towards the sexy/slutty side. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am grateful that we got a massive clothing update and some of this stuff can be used to make pretty cool party/rave outfits or just chill-at-home outfits, but I personally was expecting more "normal-everyday-life" type of clothing. Overall, it's a good upate, just not 100% what I was expecting.

5da860a598e7d118e8d1ee0e4e899e51.png

Alright... I think a few things need to be said here.

This clothing update has been planned and been worked on for months. In these months, everyone on this server had a chance to suggest mods to be added to the server. Especially on the male side of things, we were lacking the good mod suggestions. The reason for this is simple: There is a lack of them. Whenever we had the chance to grab some up, we did. Whenever we could take a mod and optimize it to a point they were deemed acceptable, we did. Whatever we could add, we did. We do not have more. Did females get more stuff? Yes. Why? There is more. Would you rather have us add less things? @Jennie collected a ton of mods and we had to cut away a ton of her suggestions, which was a shame but just a reality.

We can not create a whole bunch of "normal clothing" or specific needs you might have, out of nowhere. It just is not a thing in the world of GTA Modding. I am sure if anyone had an actual mod they could have added in this update, they would have posted it in the past 6 pages.

12,651. That is the amount of different clothing files that are on this server right now. It is a shit ton. Looking at the comments here, that is still not enough? People want more, and more, and more.

We are reaching and pushing limits here. Personally I would give you all of the mods in the world. Have you add your own mods for all I care. Reality is though, that just is not possible or feasible. We got to optimize, try, test, and do it all over again. There are files that are simply too big.

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 2