The issue with forum reports...

PeopleKind

I agree that there are way too many petty reports, however. These are still getting picked up and dealt with while others are sitting for months. I don't think it's the case that petty reports take up all of admins time so other reports can't get dealt with. There are very obviously reports that nobody wants to touch or deal with so they just sit there. And eventually, as someone said earlier, "too much time has passed."

And while I don't condone reports for petty reasons, and quite frankly I'm too lazy to deal with it most of the time, you need to understand that sometimes something that seems petty to you, can have a HUGE impact on someone's RP. 

Good post, I was going to save our "change" for the Staff Update but I guess I'll release some of it here;

In the next month or so we are going to be going through forum reports and setting a new way that players can submit them. Admins will now be the "judge" of a forum report should be continued on, if people need to defend actions, and or if the report is just so petty that we can throw it away. We are also going to be setting a hard limit for replies (how much you can reply in word count, and how many times you can reply on that specific thread). Admins are as tired as all of you with the waiting game, we all agree. But we have to come up with an actual plan that is going to make a benefit for the future (which we do have a plan).

However while I understand people hate waiting, the more and more reports that keep getting submitted (petty or not) they are going to be longer and longer to wait. We have a system put in place that will hopefully end the whole "waiting over two weeks" and even a few months for some. We only have around fifty admins, which might seem like a lot, but it generally isn't for a community that has well over 10,000 members. Everyone thinks it's easy to just hop on after ten hours of work in real life, to just go deal with other people's problems for another four hours until you goto sleep and repeat it.. Remember, our Staff are human as-well and not beep boop robots.

Hopefully forum reports will come to an end for waiting anywhere past a week or so, but, it takes time. We'll keep everyone updated as the time comes.

Ill leave this open for players to discuss.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

Good post, I was going to save our "change" for the Staff Meeting but I guess I'll release some of it here;

In the next month or so we are going to be going through forum reports and setting a new way that players can submit them. Admins will now be the "judge" of a forum report should be continued on, if people need to defend actions, and or if the report is just so petty that we can throw it away. We are also going to be setting a hard limit for replies (how much you can reply in word count, and how many times you can reply on that specific thread). Admins are as tired as all of you with the waiting game, we all agree. But we have to come up with an actual plan that is going to make a benefit for the future (which we do have a plan).

However while I understand people hate waiting, the more and more reports that keep getting submitted (petty or not) they are going to be longer and longer to wait. We have a system put in place that will hopefully end the whole "waiting over two weeks" and even a few months for some. We only have around fifty admins, which might seem like a lot, but it generally isn't for a community that has well over 10,000 members. Everyone thinks it's easy to just hop on after ten hours of work in real life, to just go deal with other people's problems for another four hours until you goto sleep and repeat it.. Remember, our Staff are human as-well and not beep boop robots.

Hopefully forum reports will come to an end for waiting anywhere past a week or so, but, it takes time. We'll keep everyone updated as the time comes.

I legit thought you're locking it :'D 

8 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

Good post, I was going to save our "change" for the Staff Meeting but I guess I'll release some of it here;

Thank you for letting us know that, definitely sounds like a good thing!

2 hours ago, Pickle said:

Agreed. I see certain names on that report thread CONSTANTLY over petty, minor issues. I swear some people get off on reporting people.

I've seen people report people for shit that they were not even involved in, its dumb.

Takes long when people submit 20000 words despite it being a 250 word limit.

Takes longer when everyone and their mother decides to reply under it with another 20000 words that do nothing for the report.

Takes even longer when the admin that said they would handle suddenly wakes up to 4 extra pages of back and fourth conversation that resembles Skyrim NPC dialogue.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Groz said:

Takes long when people submit 20000 words despite it being a 250 word limit.

Takes longer when everyone and their mother decides to reply under it with another 20000 words that do nothing for the report.

Takes even longer when the admin that said they would handle suddenly wakes up to 4 extra pages of back and fourth conversation that resembles Skyrim NPC dialogue.

I ran out of forum reactions, but you speak 100% facts.

👏👏👏

Force admins to pick up reports by date. This will stop them from handpicking the easy reports and leaving the difficult ones to fester for months until they are locked because too much time has passed.

if admins handled the reports quicker there wouldn’t be 4 pages of back and forth because the report would be locked.

Give the testers something to do and have them lock reports after both parties have given their opening statements and evidence.

• dawpi locked this topic