The issue with forum reports...

PeopleKind

12 minutes ago, Lindsie said:

Yeah... its totally not fault of the rule breakers... 

There's a few people who legitimately report EVERYTHING, I've counted their pending reports once and it was around five for one person. These are things that could've usually been solved via pms.. I've also not seen this persons reports get any punishments given out because they're usually extremely petty.

Edited by Pickle

Just make it a clear rule and enforce it to not go back and forth. I've seen countless times where Admins verbally warn people to not go back and forth but it does no good unless you actually start issuing punishments.

- Original poster makes the report with all the evidence they have. No more posts should be done by the OP.

- Accused parties and witness all get one response to the accusations, in order to address their side. No further replies should be allowed.

- Admin then takes the report and asks questions as necessary.

If people go back and forth after the rule is in place, lock and archive the thread, actually hand out punishments and make them submit the report again.

Edited by Brofessor

Make posts moderator approved.

Enforce admins to handle reports in order, not whichever they chose

Dont let admins ignore reports that they've taken. If they give 48 hrs, they should be timely. Yes admins are volunteers and we all appreciate that, however, if the same admin keeps "forgetting" about reports over and over again, there's clearly an issue. Being an admin comes with more responsibility. You should not leave players hanging.

There, forum reports fixed.

Edited by Zach..
26 minutes ago, Pickle said:

There's a few people who legitimately report EVERYTHING, I've counted their pending reports once and it was around five for one person. These are things that could've usually been solved via pms.. I've also not seen this persons reports get any punishments given out because they're usually extremely petty.

Then punish repeat offenders, make it a punishable offense to report for extremely petty things. The fact that some people report for petty things doesn't mean reports for valid things should be sitting for 3-5 months. It's genuinely an issue at play here. Reports should NOT be sitting this long.

14 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Then punish repeat offenders, make it a punishable offense to report for extremely petty things. The fact that some people report for petty things doesn't mean reports for valid things should be sitting for 3-5 months. It's genuinely an issue at play here. Reports should NOT be sitting this long.

I agree. Those kind of reports aren't helping though, they're just piling on to their unfortunately big workload and for some reason they seem to prioritized/picked up faster over reports that have been sitting for ages, maybe because they figure they're easier to pick up and conclude. Either way it's not fair for people who report for legitimate reasoning and have to wait months.

Edited by Pickle
1 hour ago, Timzii said:

Truth to be told, nobody wanna deals with drama GTAW unfortunately brings. Can't blame the admins when people can't behave normally.

I mean, that's not really true? If admins want to deal with less reports, they'd normally issue more severe punishments. Otherwise we end up with many people getting banned for their 7th offense, which means they wasted the time of 7 admins and many more players, documented. If the punishment for being toxic or breaking rules was a 1 month ban and the punishment for anything more severe was a perma ban without appealing, we'd have 1% of the reports we have now and 1000x better quality. But that's not wanted, apparently.

9 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

I mean, that's not really true? If admins want to deal with less reports, they'd normally issue more severe punishments. Otherwise we end up with many people getting banned for their 7th offense, which means they wasted the time of 7 admins and many more players, documented. If the punishment for being toxic or breaking rules was a 1 month ban and the punishment for anything more severe was a perma ban without appealing, we'd have 1% of the reports we have now and 1000x better quality. But that's not wanted, apparently.

We used to have just that when GTAW opened in 2017, the smallest punishment was a ban, admin jail didn't exist. Yet, we had just as many reports as we do now (if not more), in spite of having a considerably smaller playerbase :x 

i hate making forum reports and i can imagine administrators hate dealing with them equally as much. unless it's an egregious rulebreak i really cba. your reports would take less time to get answered if people would stop flooding the section with shit like "X doesn't wanna talk to me OOC anymore therefore it's a common courtesy problem" or "Y said im gay OOC it's a common courtesy issue". babies r what has puffed up the report times 

• Upvote 1
  • dawpi locked this topic