CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

15 hours ago, Jeroen said:

Alright it is time for me to stop responding to this thread, as people are purposefully spreading incorrect facts that good cause is a requirement set by FLD, among other lies.

This is something that Nervous put forward, and which is codified in the SHAFT Act. The only thing that FLD can do is advise on new policies, but it's up to firstly Nervous and secondly SAGOV to actually codify it into policies.

I reached out to Nervous months ago because of how detrimental the current way the CCW licenses are handled with a very long rant pinpointing the current flaws with the system, the way some member(s) of FLD abuse their positions for power and how it's unrealistic and effects normal roleplayers too who have no intention to go on a crazy vigilante spree and his response was this:

image.png

I don't know who the person is who created all these ridiculous requirements, especially the exam which was legitimately written not to test your knowledge but apparently testing your "reading ability" where instead of the exam being a tool to ensure you know the laws, it's a tool that purposely tries to trick you and designed to help you fail. Again, I've seen people who RP'd lawyers, DA's and many other law-related roleplayers fail the exam repeatedly. Not only are some of the questions trick questions, some of them are plain wrong, out dated and old. And before you ask me which ones they are? I can't tell you 100percent sure, because FLD does not tell you which questions/answers were wrong or right. The entire system goes against anything a roleplay server meant for entertainment and fun stands for. I would even go as far as to say that it's just plain disrespectful to put something this important behind such insane red tape especially in a city like Los Santos. Don't punish an entire demographic of roleplayers because of some bad apples, make stricter OOC rules surrounding the usage for CCW firearms in relation to being a vigilante so we ICly don't have to suffer the consequences of a few noobs in the past who felt the need to involve themselves into shit they had nothing to do with and abuse their licensed firearms to shoot people.

I also never actually managed to find out who's supposedly in charge of this and has authority to change it, it seems like everyone pushes responsibility onto someone else and the problem never gets solved and it ruins a lot of legitimate roleplay. 

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
11 hours ago, jbutton169 said:

I think a big issue is that CCW are basically used as a justification for civilian RPers to kill people. They go from a 19-20 year old college student to Robocop in seconds. Maybe they want to be LEO's without needing to do all the apps and stuff, I don't know. Some civilians have a higher body count than some illegal roleplayers. I RP in an official illegal faction and I haven't even fired a gun.

When you kill with a CCW you should have to prove that it was justified and the burden of proof should have to be on the player with a CCW.  

That should obviously be looked into by the staff if you have a questionably high kill count as a legal gun owner. I have only had to use my everyday carry weapon twice over the last three years and I know there are many others who rarely use theirs so I'm not sure how widespread of an issue that is.

Let these people carry their guns. If they misuse it, simply revoke (which is another opportunity for roleplay) and put an OOC warning accountwide depending on the situation, do the math yourself. People calling the shots in these matter shouldn't be the people also accessing the guns so easily. This is coming from a detective roleplayer.

• Upvote 2
22 hours ago, Martyn said:

I reached out to Nervous months ago because of how detrimental the current way the CCW licenses are handled with a very long rant pinpointing the current flaws with the system, the way some member(s) of FLD abuse their positions for power and how it's unrealistic and effects normal roleplayers too who have no intention to go on a crazy vigilante spree and his response was this:

image.png

I don't know who the person is who created all these ridiculous requirements, especially the exam which was legitimately written not to test your knowledge but apparently testing your "reading ability" where instead of the exam being a tool to ensure you know the laws, it's a tool that purposely tries to trick you and designed to help you fail. Again, I've seen people who RP'd lawyers, DA's and many other law-related roleplayers fail the exam repeatedly. Not only are some of the questions trick questions, some of them are plain wrong, out dated and old. And before you ask me which ones they are? I can't tell you 100percent sure, because FLD does not tell you which questions/answers were wrong or right. The entire system goes against anything a roleplay server meant for entertainment and fun stands for. I would even go as far as to say that it's just plain disrespectful to put something this important behind such insane red tape especially in a city like Los Santos. Don't punish an entire demographic of roleplayers because of some bad apples, make stricter OOC rules surrounding the usage for CCW firearms in relation to being a vigilante so we ICly don't have to suffer the consequences of a few noobs in the past who felt the need to involve themselves into shit they had nothing to do with and abuse their licensed firearms to shoot people.

I also never actually managed to find out who's supposedly in charge of this and has authority to change it, it seems like everyone pushes responsibility onto someone else and the problem never gets solved and it ruins a lot of legitimate roleplay. 

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

On 2/4/2023 at 1:21 PM, Martyn said:

image.png

I don't know who the person is who created all these ridiculous requirements,

It was Nervous who created them, as someone with access to the entire FLD Discord I can say that Nervous is wrong.

Nervous suggested the following:

• Making apps harder.
  • A reason for a CCW is a good thing.

I'm also curious to see what the context of your message is, it sure is cropped.

Personally I'd like to see the good cause reasoning removed. Both because it's actually against the US constitution ICly and OOCly.

And in terms of game balance, it's extremely easy to criminals to get firearms without a PF or CCW. The only thing this does is allow civilians to become prey to criminals in a state where if this was IRL we would be under martial law. Giving citizens access to small arms to defend themselves against the constant crime on this server is not a bad thing.

If it was hard for criminals to get firearms then maybe it would be a different story.

But just as in real life, the only thing this rule / law / policy hurts is law abiding roleplayers.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1