CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

1 hour ago, Thurston Howl said:

I bet if you had your CCW you wouldn’t have been CKd

Did you not even watch the video? I pulled my CCW and we had a good ol’ Mexican standoff 

There would be much more of that type of RP if engaging with FLD wasn’t like pulling teeth. Instead I’ll just roll an (M) and go shoot people with my 75k glock 

10 hours ago, jbutton169 said:

IMO only off-duty LEO's, retired LEO's and guard license holders with numerous weeks/months service should be able to have a CCW permit.

Oh yeah, great idea. Disarm everyone except cops and robbers lol WCGW?!

• Upvote 1

I find it interesting that no one really RP's disliking guns.

A lot of American's don't like guns, yet a majority of GTAW characters seem to have no issue with them.

That aside, the argument of "I need a CCW to avoid getting robbed" is a bit silly; if CCW's were easier to obtain then illegal RPers would just rob people of their guns constantly in small groups. It's a lack of fear RP if you get robbed by 3-4 people who are also armed and decide to pull your CCW and try to yee-haw them.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, defillbert said:

That aside, the argument of "I need a CCW to avoid getting robbed" is a bit silly; if CCW's were easier to obtain then illegal RPers would just rob people of their guns constantly in small groups. It's a lack of fear RP if you get robbed by 3-4 people who are also armed and decide to pull your CCW and try to yee-haw them.

This already happens constantly. Main reason people rob others is to get their gun lmao.

6 hours ago, Dan Silverstone said:

It interrupts your RP and can leave some players waiting months whilst they struggle with an inadequate exam and inconsistent staff handling the applications. 

As someone with experience with and in FLD, a vast majority of applications will not take anywhere close to a month to go to full completion. Especially when the applicant properly fills the required fields in the application and responds in a timely manner to any correction requests.

Firearms Licensing Coordinators also keep a close eye on any ticket made in the FLD Discord to make sure that they're answered in a timely manner.

The usual exception to this taking longer than we'd like is if we suspect that there is PF abuse involved, and admin intervention is necessary.

6 hours ago, Dan Silverstone said:

I found other games to play rather than deal with FLD again. It serves no decent purpose as illegal guns are incredibly easy to find. It pisses off every civilian RPer. Add to that, FLD staff consistently display the rudest and most dismissive attitude of any volunteers or staff in GTAW, when they do finally respond to apps or their help desk.

2 hours ago, Dan Silverstone said:

There would be much more of that type of RP if engaging with FLD wasn’t like pulling teeth.

Although I'm glad you've found something you do enjoy, I have done a quick lookup to see if any handler was overtly rude to you or dismissive to you.

I've found that you've created no support ticket in the FLD Discord ticketing system. Now it is very likely that the incident you're referring to has happened in private DMs before the new ticketing system was introduced, in which case I'd recommend you to either make a ticket or come forward with the info via private DM on Discord.

Now due to the release of the FLD v3 panel by @Skent the timestamps from older applications got mangled, so I cannot say for sure that the application was handled in a timely manner. But if you believe that any actions done on an app requires some closer oversight, do message me or create a ticket.

In general we'd like to handle apps quickly and efficiently, this is because everyone loves a tidy workspace and a tidy workspace encourages more efficient work. Working efficiently also means less work to do in general.

We love to issue licenses to people who aren't OOCly prohibited from obtaining one, and are ICly entitled to obtain one and we want to do this in the most streamlined and efficient way possible.

27 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

We love to issue licenses to people who aren't OOCly prohibited from obtaining one, and are ICly entitled to obtain one and we want to do this in the most streamlined and efficient way possible.

It isn't streamlined nor efficient, though. A good "good cause" is definitely subjective per individual people's standards. You can't tell me otherwise, even if you have set "rules" and "guidelines" to follow.

Two weeks ago, my denial reason was "Insufficient Good Cause". No tips, pointers, etc. I get that you "made changes" for FLD people to start citing more reasoning, but a mere two weeks ago it was still bare-minimum "I don't want to be here so I'm gonna deny you". I don't really understand what I'm supposed to say for that field, truly, and it discourages me from attempting it again. If it discourages me, it discourages others. It will snowball until FLD does absolutely nothing, because no one wants to dick with it.

Every other step is on-point. IC/OOC background? Absolutely. IC in-person interview? All for it, sure add some RP along. But "good cause" is literally just an English essay test, and servers absolutely literally zero zip RP purpose.

Edit: Almost forgot. You had mentioned that Nervous himself requested the "good cause" requirement. That's fine and dandy, but I'm sure Nervous has requested/demanded a LOT of stuff since 2017. Has none of it changed, ever?

Edited by MAK0
59 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

Two weeks ago, my denial reason was "Insufficient Good Cause". No tips, pointers, etc. I get that you "made changes" for FLD people to start citing more reasoning, but a mere two weeks ago it was still bare-minimum "I don't want to be here so I'm gonna deny you". I don't really understand what I'm supposed to say for that field, truly, and it discourages me from attempting it again. If it discourages me, it discourages others. It will snowball until FLD does absolutely nothing, because no one wants to dick with it.

Instead of gassing off into this thread I encourage you to find IC or OOC ways to remedy this issue that you have with FLD. We're very receptive to feedback, especially when you believe (and rightfully so) that a denial without an appropriate reason is an improper denial. In fact, I've made an announcement that no bans shall be issued unless backed up by a proper ban reason, which is very beneficial for both of us as it informs you and it covers FLD's asses.

Here is the specific announcement I've made.

16YWpEU.png

1 hour ago, MAK0 said:

It isn't streamlined nor efficient, though. A good "good cause" is definitely subjective per individual people's standards. You can't tell me otherwise, even if you have set "rules" and "guidelines" to follow.

1 hour ago, MAK0 said:

Every other step is on-point. IC/OOC background? Absolutely. IC in-person interview? All for it, sure add some RP along.

I think that these two statements are contradictory. The amount of time, effort and resources it'd take to schedule an ingame interview for each applicant would make the process a lot less efficient. This isn't quite simple, as I've seen in other factions scheduling something in a global community where specific participants are required to be there is extremely hard. I know that obtaining a license at for example Blaine Aviation is a very contentious topic for some Americans a while back, as they were unable to obtain a pilot's license due to timezone issues. Having an online system where each participant of the process can read/write at their turn regardless of which timezone you live in would be far more efficient.

1 hour ago, MAK0 said:

Edit: Almost forgot. You had mentioned that Nervous himself requested the "good cause" requirement. That's fine and dandy, but I'm sure Nervous has requested/demanded a LOT of stuff since 2017. Has none of it changed, ever?

If Nervous wanted any of it to change we would absolutely go to work to get it done. However as soon as soon as Nervous decides upon something, it isn't an FLD issue anymore.

2 hours ago, defillbert said:

I find it interesting that no one really RP's disliking guns.

A lot of American's don't like guns, yet a majority of GTAW characters seem to have no issue with them.

because its a dog eat dog world in LS and a gun is a way of life and means of survival on these streets.

tbh, the only thing i dislike about FLD systems atm is i have to constantly renew it, and because I RP a 2 years up for every 1 year IRL, its always causes issues with the old age not matching when i renew it each year. 

2 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

because its a dog eat dog world in LS and a gun is a way of life and means of survival on these streets.

tbh, the only thing i dislike about FLD systems atm is i have to constantly renew it, and because I RP a 2 years up for every 1 year IRL, its always causes issues with the old age not matching when i renew it each year. 

I appreciate your perspective, but I think 1 year between renewals is a far cry from being "constant".