CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

54 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

- I have my CCW IRL. Granted, I live in a republican US state, it still didn't involve any type of "good cause" requirement. I answered questions on if I was basically legally allowed to own a firearm, gave them my fingerprints, they took my picture, then ran a background check. Six weeks later my permit was mailed to me.

Having a CCW IRL is not a valid reason for a CCW ingame.

55 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

The ban starts from the moment of the denial. That being said, this forum isn't FLD's helpdesk and this issue should've been raised and resolved there.

43 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

Yeah it's a sad sight to see. Most of the people that approve/deny these applications do NOT have the real life experience of carrying a firearm/having a LTC/CHL. It's extremely easy in most states, and the argument that we are portraying California does not fit here.

22 minutes ago, kristofer said:

You're not required to give any reason or justification for concealed carry in some EU countries, so this is very extreme for a video game.

It's stupid. Unrealistic. I know for a FACT that those bozos at the Firearms Licensing division created it, and it was all their idea. They CLAIM that it was GTAW Management's idea, but let's be real - I'm pretty sure the ENTIRE FLD Command team is British? Why are they in charge of guns in an AMERICAN set server. Like, what? We don't want their shitty gun laws. PLUS. The Supreme Court even said that this is all UNCONSTITUTIONAL! We should be AMERICAN. So dumb.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Jeroen said:

Never said that it was- however it's quite sad that it's easier to do so IRL, than in a game, no?

1 minute ago, Jeroen said:

The ban starts from the moment of the denial. That being said, this forum isn't FLD's helpdesk and this issue should've been raised and resolved there.

So, FLD has a 72 hour cooldown after denial, then ban for a month? What does that actually accomplish? All it does is irritate people, especially when it's their first time ever applying. The reasoning "insufficient good cause" is a load too. How can I improve? What was insufficient? Let me just try again in a month and HOPE I give what they're looking for??? Come on.

6 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

It's stupid. Unrealistic. I know for a FACT that those bozos at the Firearms Licensing division created it, and it was all their idea. They CLAIM that it was GTAW Management's idea, but let's be real - I'm pretty sure the ENTIRE FLD Command team is British? Why are they in charge of guns in an AMERICAN set server. Like, what? We don't want their shitty gun laws. PLUS. The Supreme Court even said that this is all UNCONSTITUTIONAL! We should be AMERICAN. So dumb.

Yes, mhm, that is why we are having a discussion about it, because clearly a lot of people are dissatisfied with the current system. Weather it was FLD's doing, managements, or God himself, change always starts with a discussion. Sorry? 

Also, I really couldn't care any less where you're from or what faction you run. Don't care. Irrelevant. However, the game is modeled after LA in the USA, where gun laws are... "AMERICAN".

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

You're bad at sarcasm. It's simple, take FLD away from PD and give it to SD or give it to the GOVT itself. 

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

You're bad at sarcasm. It's simple, take FLD away from PD and give it to SD or give it to the GOVT itself. 

PD's FLD already does an adequate job at providing state-wide licensing, support, and having the proper liaisons between admins, LC, and various security companies.

23 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

So, FLD has a 72 hour cooldown after denial, then ban for a month?

That 72 hour cooldown is for any reason.

23 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

then ban for a month?

However any Good Cause denial will be a 1 month ban.

24 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

The reasoning "insufficient good cause" is a load too. How can I improve? What was insufficient? Let me just try again in a month and HOPE I give what they're looking for??? Come on.

I've told a handler to actually start writing why someone has been denied last week, even retroactively for apps they've done that night.

Here is an example of an exemplary handler who always writes an impeccable reason for a good cause denial. This is what I like to see in FLD.

If the handler who denied you is unable to provide a proper reasoning for it, I'd suggest you to appeal it via IC methods.

Your application is being denied for the following reason(s): insufficient good cause.

- You've failed to iterate what makes you at risk more so than the average person.
- Property crimes don't justify the use of deadly force, vandalism and vehicle thefts and best dealt with through your applicable insurance policy.

Please review the CCW good cause guidelines prior to reapplying.

Should you wish to appeal this decision, feel free to email Detective Minyeong Jin ((LSPD Forum PM)).

Respectfully,
Officer Moore

30 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

Yes, mhm, that is why we are having a discussion about it, because clearly a lot of people are dissatisfied with the current system. Weather it was FLD's doing, managements, or God himself, change always starts with a discussion. Sorry? 

It's actually Nervous specifically who asked for the whole Good Cause system.

30 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

Also, I really couldn't care any less where you're from or what faction you run. Don't care. Irrelevant. However, the game is modeled after LA in the USA, where gun laws are... "AMERICAN".

California and specifically Los Angeles' gun laws are notoriously strict. That being said, I actually like issuing people their gun licenses, and I can guarantee you that no one likes to hold you back. The only thing we're doing is enforcing a standard that is mandatory.

45 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

you're 100%, gun laws are American although I live in California and have family members in law enforcement / the military and I'll tell you at first hand its nearly impossible depending on what county you're in (ESPECIALLY somewhere as liberal as Los Angeles) to receive a CCW without VERY good cause and on top of that majority of the counties won't approve it unless you have some type of law enforcement background. 

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Narco said:

CCW's are VERY hard to obtain if not almost impossible without very good cause / reasoning here in California. I think things are fine the way they are now and prevent the server from being flooded with ccw warriors. 

12 minutes ago, Narco said:

you're 100%, gun laws are American although I live in California and have family members in law enforcement / the military and I'll tell you at first hand its nearly impossible depending on what county you're in (ESPECIALLY somewhere as liberal as Los Angeles) to receive a CCW without VERY good cause and on top of that majority of the counties won't approve it unless you have some type of law enforcement background. 

I've read and watched videos about the horrors of getting a concealed carry license in real life Los Angeles area. I can guarantee you that real life is nightmarish compared to what we have in this server, and a lot more timely too.

• Upvote 2

This isn't LA and it isn't Cali, per Shanks.

This is a VIRTUAL world. FLD is a great idea, don't get me wrong. Better than going to City Hall and spending $5k on a weapons license like good ol' SAMP days. But it is just overly tedious.

Honestly, I won't apply for a CCW again. It's not worth my OOC efforts to play an endless waiting game. I'll just continue getting robbed every day.

19 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

I've read and watched videos about the horrors of getting a concealed carry license in real life Los Angeles area. I can guarantee you that real life is nightmarish compared to what we have in this server, and a lot more timely too.

100% is, nearly impossible unless you're a retired officer / military. Even as military / being a veteran it still could be nightmarish