CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

50 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

The problem is, there is nothing to articulate, dude. The reasoning in it of itself is that the crime rate in the server is crazy. I call the cops every time I get robbed, it is NOT my fault they didn't write a report on it and I have absolutely NO way of knowing if they did so or not.

By this logic every single person on the server should have a CCW.

The system is in place to stop abuse and to stop cat ear vigilantes from diving out of cars to shoot down illegal rpers.

Edited by Decker
23 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

It seems as if we once again cannot remain civil on a simple general discussion thread. If all of this toxicity and immaturity continues, people will be given punishments and this thread will be locked. Be more mature. Just have a normal conversation. That's it.

🍅

I think a big issue is that CCW are basically used as a justification for civilian RPers to kill people. They go from a 19-20 year old college student to Robocop in seconds. Maybe they want to be LEO's without needing to do all the apps and stuff, I don't know. Some civilians have a higher body count than some illegal roleplayers. I RP in an official illegal faction and I haven't even fired a gun.

When you kill with a CCW you should have to prove that it was justified and the burden of proof should have to be on the player with a CCW.  

• Upvote 2

If we're speaking from an American law POV. The supreme court recently ruled that it is unconstitutional to require proper cause to carry a concealed pistol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Rifle_%26_Pistol_Association,_Inc._v._Bruen

So from that point of view I don't think a reason should be required.

The whole thing of it being a game and what not is another situation that I don't really care to provide input on. But from a strictly real life POV this is now illegal in the USA.

9 hours ago, Decker said:

By this logic every single person on the server should have a CCW.

The system is in place to stop abuse and to stop cat ear vigilantes from diving out of cars to shoot down illegal rpers.

And why are cat ear rpers with a ccw a bigger issue than 15 year olds with stolen glocks? It makes no sense to keep the population unarmed in a city with so much gun crime.