Roleplaying Car Crashes

TommyX

51 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

This sentence alone contradicted your entire statement.

There is nothing interesting about a car crash, it is a pain in the ass in real life and a pain in the ass in roleplay. When I log into the game for the few hours I have to roleplay every week, I do not want to roleplay /me lays face into steering wheel and given the feedback my post has received, I do not think I am alone. I laugh at your attempt to strawman my statement. Haha.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

There is nothing interesting about a car crash, it is a pain in the ass in real life and a pain in the ass in roleplay. When I log into the game for the few hours I have to roleplay every week, I do not want to roleplay /me lays face into steering wheel and given the feedback my post has received, I do not think I am alone. I laugh at your attempt to strawman my statement. Haha.

Yeah well whether you like it or not if you get into an MVA & the other party doesn't agree to a void, you're gonna have to RP it out. Not much you can do about it really.

41 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

I'm going to re-iterate Utopia here, as a member of the medical roleplay community, which is famous for people trying to ignore it as much as possible, I just have to say, this is spot on.

No one likes MVA's, not the cops, not the fire department, not the hospital those victims have to go to, and especially not the victims involved. When I was in the LSFD, out of the HUNDREDS of MVA calls I went to, I enjoyed two. TWO. The rest were longated boring experiences where I had to force someone to waste their precious time and it didn't even add to their character, say what you will about gunshot wounds and such. At least those are interesting, you got shot and are dying. Thats far more fun than getting slammed by a 110 mph car which would normally kill everyone involved, it completely fucks up the flow of everyone's roleplay. And no one, and I mean no one enjoys it. You might think you enjoy it to be a contrarian here, but you don't, not really. People don't get into car accidents on purpose unless to create a dramatic death for their character story, and even those on purpose crashes have the bare minimum of interesting roleplay.

Even drunk drivers, actually, those don't exist on this server, disregard that.

While exceptions exist, you need a pretty large group of exceptions to make car accidents a viable scene in roleplay.

EDIT: But for the love of god people if you do have to roleplay a car accident, stop slamming your forehead into the fucking steering wheel, your cars, have airbags. Your cars, have airbags. The majority of car accidents do not lead to unconsciousness unless you have a serious brain bleed or you were decapitated. Stop going unconscious, stop slamming into car wheels.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 3

Nobody enjoys roleplaying car crashes. People speak about jail being an OOC punishment, roleplaying random car crashes are the same thing... they drain the soul. If the car crash is part of actual roleplay? E.g some chase or pursuit or whatever, that's all good but it seems the majority of people already freely void their own situations, even if that's against the rules. Nobody (at least I hope so) comes on GTAW to suffer roleplay that bores them. When accounting for people with limited time to play, or certain areas of the map e.g Davis/Rancho/Mission Row which suffer insane texture loss, car crashes will always end up skipped. Live and let live...

1 hour ago, UTOPIA said:

I honestly would enjoy documenting a car accident more as a cop, if I ever decided to portray one. Rather then being yelled at by majority of the server or being under fire daily cause someone got high on drugs, killed someone and stole a car. Believe it or not, cops are people too and most of them prefer to spend time in work without the need to draw the gun.

Edited by Engelbert
27 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Believe it or not, cops are people too and most of them prefer to spend time in work without the need to draw the gun.

Multiple LEO's and medics have already said they don't like it, I roleplay a LEO and so does UTOPIA, I think he probably knows that cops are people too.

I'm a perfect driver and I insist on rping crashes with mallrats in supercars not to enjoy myself but to get them arrested or fined for motor negligence. Fuck mallrats. You're gonna WISH you drove normal if you rear end me or collide with me. God i hate mallrats.

• Wuhtah locked this topic