Prohibits exchanging houses

AVAR

24 minutes ago, Beatrix said:

That never happens though. There are trailers on forums that are up for trade already and no one offers MP mansion lol. 

This really- I don't have full insight in the market naturally but (specially with apps available now) house trading seems to be an exaggerated issue that actually happens less than the amount of ads suggesting such deals the past year could have implied.

The amount of cases where a property actually got traded in exchange for another property (and some money topping up) I can track back to a very single one I happened to observe the past year.

And the motive for potentially seeking out such trades typically was not monetary gain, but to aquire a property more suitable for one's current roleplay.

With house apps open regularly, players have an incentive to not just look for a "better fitting" one but an ideal object for whatever they play, which should furthermore decrease the motivation to engage in "house trader" circles, as it's safe to assume PM won't permit additional places for people who hold plenty of estate ic already.

Edited by knppel
  • 2 weeks later...

Trading assets like that in general has always bugged me. Over the years, I've seen multiple 'trading a business for a Cheetah', 'trading a 1 story home for an apartment', etc. ads. It makes no sense. Homes and businesses shouldn't be sold the way a used PS4 can. While trading property as a transaction isn't impossible to happen IRL, posting a real estate listing with the price marked as "equal value apartment in Richman" would get you laughed off the site. If nothing else, a change to /ad rules but I'd like to see it go further.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 9:07 PM, knppel said:

This really- I don't have full insight in the market naturally but (specially with apps available now) house trading seems to be an exaggerated issue that actually happens less than the amount of ads suggesting such deals the past year could have implied.

The amount of cases where a property actually got traded in exchange for another property (and some money topping up) I can track back to a very single one I happened to observe the past year.

And the motive for potentially seeking out such trades typically was not monetary gain, but to aquire a property more suitable for one's current roleplay.

With house apps open regularly, players have an incentive to not just look for a "better fitting" one but an ideal object for whatever they play, which should furthermore decrease the motivation to engage in "house trader" circles, as it's safe to assume PM won't permit additional places for people who hold plenty of estate ic already.

I have actually seen this happen at an alarming rate, with houses, trailers, businesses, vehicles etc. It also happens in private, but there are plenty examples around, both in in-game ads and on the forums classifieds section.

I do understand the reason, that it's easier to get a property that fits your character (in some cases, although others simply do it to switch up their valuable properties), but that's still unfair to the vast majority of players. If there's a group of, say, ten people owning the coolest properties on the server and this is still allowed, they'll naturally switch them up and end up owning each property over the course of a year or so, while the other few hundreds of players will not have access to either property - you can't really buy them with money either, if there's a cap on how much you can pay for the property. If someone bough a, let's say, unique villa for a million, they would much rather trade it for a unique trailer or business than sell it for a maximum amount of, I don't know, $600,000. There's nothing you can do, as long as this is allowed.

If trading properties was to be forbidden, people would actually have to sell their properties and they'd end up in a pool where everyone with the appropriate means would have access to them. Not only more fair but it's also realistic, as no one trades a trailer for a mansion in real life (or properties in general). 

There is a certain trend over the past weeks of people aquiring houses to trade them at the exact 1 month mark to circumvent the existing rules by not being able to be reported for flipping since it has not been the minimum time of 2 weeks, but also bypass not being able to sell for a profit by simply trading them like Pokémon cards instead of the x1 or x3 market price.

Edited by orca112