Prohibits exchanging houses

AVAR

On 7/31/2021 at 7:14 PM, AVAR said:

I see this as very unrealistic and not fair to all other players who might also want to acquire a house for their roleplay.

It's not. Besides first time home buyers, you are almost always doing this to afford buying a new home. Nobody just has $250,000+ in liquid cash to buy a house.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:20 AM, slothy said:

Never been a fan of the whole "trading" thing with any sort of property so I support it.

Trade of a car for another plus cash is the only trade in I accept, as in real life it happens way more than housing.

36 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Housing trading is kind of an issue we created with the house sale price limitations. I'm not a fan of forbiding something that is my fault. We're working on other solutions to fix the initial issue.

Somewhat yes, also the Lease housing, I barely seen it open it's applications for the City/Chumash area, only once I seen those open, for County only.

With all honesty, I hope the solution comes soon and it will be better than the current one.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:42 AM, Ink said:

Hard agree. The whole "trading a Mirror Park house" situation has become a complete meme, and it's a blatant loophole around the rules we have in place to cap market values. It's not realistic in the slightest and it's just some of the most mallratty stuff that happens on this server. 

Way back when, when I got my house I actually paid $ for it, a friend hit me up (he did have a thread on forums of a sale) saying he's selling said a price and we agreed on it and we made a sale.

Hard agree on the trading of a house thing, is a bit OOC at this point and more of a joke than realism.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

Hard yes. With the house requests opening once or twice/year, it's 1 out of 1.0000 chances to get your hand on a house. The server is filled with apartments. The current system is a joke, finding ads like ''trading businesses for houses''. 

Edited by Levitate
10 hours ago, Nervous said:

Housing trading is kind of an issue we created with the house sale price limitations. I'm not a fan of forbiding something that is my fault. We're working on other solutions to fix the initial issue.

Besides the liked parts in other posts, indeed a better solution than simple prohibition is needed (In short: A rule won't encourage people to sell houses as the properties' monetary value is just lower than the artificial value of owning a rare house).

As was correctly mentioned by @orca112 the playerbase and the number of active characters in the server (who'd in most cases want a home to call their own) increased significantly the past months while available housing stayed more or less the same (and where evicted apartments of players get put up on the map, evicted houses don't, and due to house apps closed stay out of circulation).

I can't say what's feasible from a technical point of view (i.e. if additional scripted in and used properties might affect server performance), however from an economical point of view the solution is to simply supply more to the market, as demand by far exceeds the offer, and was further raising the past months where the offers stayed the same, thus increasing the artificial meta-value of properties, while prices were bound to not be adapted, thus further encouraging people to keep properties back and not sell them for the allowed price.

Making more properties widely available would discourage this behaviour too, as players could expect to find a new fitting property after selling theirs (where currently house owners often will only give up on their properties once they've aquired a better one, or by trading for one, to not end up without one again).

Edited by knppel
4 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Maybe if this ban on exchanging properties came in effect and you allowed house owners to sell them scriptwise for 100% of their value instead of 50% it could encourage more people to sell them off not only to other players but also leave them up for sale scriptwise if they need them gone ASAP.

I mean it would still only be 100% of market price not what they actually paid for it. The root of the issue is flipping properties in general. I totally understand that flipping is done in real life, but it never ends well on an RP server. Our in-game economy can never simulate what happens in a real life open market. You've got housing market ups and downs based on interest rate changes from the Fed, global economies that affect the flow of supplies (wood, materials for a house renovation that would affect the cost of the repairs/flip) and so on. These things generally affect supply and demand of houses, materials, etc. which end up affecting the entire market. We don't have that here. We have whoever can pay the most money the quickest to get what they want. That's not a free market, that's just insanity.

Flipping on an RP server only ever leads to one thing, which is inflated prices. Players are too concerned with increasing that script number in the top right corner. People will always try to get max dollar for the least amount of effort. If the market cap is 2X, they'll sell it 2X. If its, 3X or 4X, they'll sell it for that. Since demand is so high, people almost always get to buyout before you can even blink.  So in your suggestion, let's say the MP is $150,000 but you bought it for $400,000 because of the furniture revamp and added sales price. You can still only sell it back for $150,000 at 100% market price.

You've got the added issue of all the people who bought houses over the current 3X market price rules before those rules were implemented. House hoarding happens all the time, whether they will admit it or not. People are too stubborn to let these things go, so they just hold onto them. The housing market is in complete ruins. There's no way around it unless you took everything away and started over with a new approach.

Edited by 99
4 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Maybe if this ban on exchanging properties came in effect and you allowed house owners to sell them scriptwise for 100% of their value instead of 50% it could encourage more people to sell them off not only to other players but also leave them up for sale scriptwise if they need them gone ASAP.

That would by no means encourage people selling them off, apartments maybe, houses definitely not. Majority of cases of these 'trades' is house for house, changing the script sale value back to server won't change anything, because they can easily sell it for the maximum price in a heart beat. Unfortunately money is too inflated and useless in this server.

Edited by Timzii
42 minutes ago, Timzii said:

That would by no means encourage people selling them off, apartments maybe, houses definitely not. Majority of cases of these 'trades' is house for house, changing the script sale value back to server won't change anything, because they can easily sell it for the maximum price in a heart beat. Unfortunately money is too inflated and useless in this server.

Haven't thought about this tbh. You're right.