Prohibits exchanging houses

AVAR

26 minutes ago, Beatrix said:

I couldn't agree more on this, but we both know, ain't gonna happen.

People usually are active around that house, they just searching for another one, whilst using their house. You can't put so much OOC restrictions on properties as there are many as of right now, more restrictions lead to no houses on sale, I can actually guarantee that.

Forcing people to sell their houses RATHER than to trade them will not decrease housing sales, as houses aren't being sold, to begin with... they're being traded.

At least, this will cause people to sell their houses if they cannot create a character that can RP around it.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Forcing people to sell their houses RATHER than to trade them will not decrease housing sales, as houses aren't being sold, to begin with... they're being traded.

At least, this will cause people to sell their houses if they cannot create a character that can RP around it.

If you check all the trading threads in properties forum, you'd be able to see that people are trading Vespucci house for another one in Vespucci or Mirror Park, doesn't mean their character can't RP around it, they just want another house in same or better area. I highly doubt people change their name, but yeah.

Couldn't agree more with this - it would open up the market a little more, and allow others the chance for certain houses in other areas. 

At the same time, property management are holding a vast number of properties in these highly sought after areas for no obvious reason. Honestly, get these on the market too. 

Edited by Waterflaps
  • Upvote 1

I agree with this suggestion.

While I understand that some people may have legitimate reasons to trade their houses, the truth is that the vast majority of the houses are just an OOC bargaining cheap to obtain other assets. It's also turned into a big meme especially when people trade houses for trailers.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to buy a house around my business to set my character into the area, it is frustrating that players are only willing to trade these houses for unrealistic assets such as businesses or a far superior looking house, even for some shoddy trailer in the middle of nowhere.

I bet they'd have no hassle trading me for my business... Shouldn't be allowed, especially when the majority of these places go for two times less than some apartments out there.

Another thing, some of the interiors of these places set in Davis for example, they're mapped as if they're in the centre of Rockford.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:11 AM, Waterflaps said:

Couldn't agree more with this - it would open up the market a little more, and allow others the chance for certain houses in other areas. 

At the same time, property management are holding a vast number of properties in these highly sought after areas for no obvious reason. Honestly, get these on the market too. 

I fully support this. Waterflaps basically summed it up.