The status of Davis Mall

The only way I could see the mall actually coming to life is making it what it is supposed to be - a social hub. Give people the opportunity to open their own stores and actively contribute to the environment of a US mall. Have it managed by a player or PM and add small events taking place in the open space (e.g. small art gallery, artists performances, advertisers trying to lure you into subscriptions on shady products...).

...oh yeah, and part of that is making it a crime free zone or at least establish restrictions. Otherwise it will end up like many other unregulated hotspots - a shit fest of DM back and forth.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, jcat said:

Make it a no crime zone?

It is a crime free zone 100%. Especially because no one uses it.

I work at the tattoo shop in it on one of my characters and can confirm it's as dead as dead can be. I've went 2 hours on startshift without seeing a single soul enter the mall. What makes it worse is that they locked all the businesses that could make it usable like the clothing store and hairstylist.

Just now, Dustyboi said:

I've went 2 hours on startshift without seeing a single soul enter the mall. What makes it worse is that they locked all the businesses that could make it usable like the clothing store and hairstylist.

That's pretty grim.

8 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

no

Care to list a reason rather than stating no? What would be A) Unrealistic and B) Unbeneficial towards allowing uniquely-scripted businesses inside an already dead mall?

EDIT: A mall in that area would severely benefit with some active fast-food places, a shoe store, an actual electronic store or gaming store, an arcade, and countless other businesses... a place that would flock a lot of minors into the area, with it's demographic.

Edited by DLimit
19 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Care to list a reason rather than stating no? What would be A) Unrealistic and B) Unbeneficial towards allowing uniquely-scripted businesses inside an already dead mall?

EDIT: A mall in that area would severely benefit with some active fast-food places, a shoe store, an actual electronic store or gaming store, an arcade, and countless other businesses... a place that would flock a lot of minors into the area, with it's demographic.

it would be unrealistic

• Wuhtah locked this topic