The status of Davis Mall

The issue with the Mall is that it's in Davis. Hood rats and mall rats are sworn enemies. Thus, mall rats avoid going to Davis, as does most of the server in general. I mean, it's Davis.

Map that mall in Alta and that place will get crowded in half  a minute.

I don't know why this is a surprise or something...

Edit: Also the mapping is kinda bad. I get its a ghetto mall, but damn.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
2 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

The issue with the Mall is that it's in Davis. Hood rats and mall rats are sworn enemies. Thus, mall rats avoid going to Davis, as does most of the server in general. I mean, it's Davis.

Honestly this.

I mean, I totally get where it's coming from to NOT give the better part of town their mall ("This isn't lsrp!" etc.).

Instead to scream in reflex, however, I'd recommend these people to analyze and evaluate gamedesign for benefits and flaws.

The refered mall in lsrp most of all suffered not from being a mall (which can be bad enough on its own), the core issue was that it contained several scripts that were exclusive to its location, thus forcing people who did not want to visit the mall ic to go there.

This in consequence then caused permanent conflict on the parking lot, as 90% of the people visiting did not actually wanna roleplay shopping, but just needed access to the scripts (namely advertising), and in further consequence to the action created by the people being forced to go there.

Besides other factors, the big weakness of this design was that it effectively forced people to come together that aren't supposed to meet, opposed to simply create a social hub for like minded peer groups (which a mall with the right setting could do in any demographic area).

2 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Map that mall in Alta and that place will get crowded in half  a minute.

With the right setting it can work in Davis too, technically.

All one needs to take in account is what people wanna roleplay.

In Alta or Hawick you can focus on people who have jobs ic and wanna rp shopping, and a coffee shop where they can sit and talk (and restrooms so they can powder their noses).

In Davis you need to construct your mall to allow a tons of sorts of small crime to be roleplayed around, shoplifting, ripping off bypassers, kids getting booze illegally, drugs being pushed and what not else, because that's what the target audience there really wants to roleplay- crime.

Honestly I think malls are always going to be used for one week then die out. Single businesses simply do better, especially if a mall such as this is in Davis. Not a lot of city folk are going to go to the highest crime area in the server IC'ly.

In my opinion, the fix for this type of stuff is to split up clothing options. Want gang shirts and cheap shit? Gotta go to the mall or Davis shops. Want high heels and suits? Morningwood and hawick. Want sandals and breezy flannel? Vespucci. It'd be a lot of work but this way you'd stand more of a chance making people visit the mall if clothing was only obtainable in certain spots. Could even disable the option to buy certain shoes and restrict it to shoe shops and so on. I can't see any others way to force people to visit a place with no purpose.

• Wuhtah locked this topic