What are some valid levels of escalation with “legal” roleplayers?

Maybe the answer was in character all along. Have you considered setting up an HOA and enforce loitering bylaws?

It does involve roleplay, which I understand can be challenging for some.

Edited by arrdef
6 minutes ago, arrdef said:

Maybe the answer was in character all along. Have you considered setting up an HOA and enforce loitering bylaws?

It does involve roleplay, which I understand can be challenging for some.

HOA?

Homeowner's association. They are notorious for regulating grass height, but they would actually be useful in the scenario everyone here is having a retarded argument about. An HOA can enact bylaws and hire private security to enforce them. They're a thing in every jurisdiction in the U.S, so they're definitely legal in good old San Andreas.

Given the income level most people in Mirror Park portray, this isn't far fetched at all.

On a similar note, there is no rule or stipulation anywhere on the server preventing people from roleplaying a neighborhood watch.

Edited by arrdef
9 minutes ago, arrdef said:

Homeowner's association. They are notorious for regulating grass height, but they would actually be useful in the scenario everyone here is having a retarded argument about. An HOA can enact bylaws and hire private security to enforce them. They're a thing in every jurisdiction in the U.S, so they're definitely legal in good old San Andreas.

Given the income level most people in Mirror Park portray, this isn't far fetched at all.

On a similar note, there is no rule or stipulation anywhere on the server preventing people from roleplaying a neighborhood watch.

Sounds like a good idea that could create some nice roleplay opportunities.

Just now, Massacre said:

****EMERGENCY CALL******

Situation: Some gang bangers just did a drive-by on the local HOA! We need help!

Well if people don't roleplay properly the given situation, so roleplaying fear and such then it doesn't bring anything. I am saying it would create roleplay for those that want to roleplay. 

HOA could be a nice community interaction with the police. Sharing intel between eachother and such.

Look, I know I'm asking players in Mirror Park to roleplay with people not in their OOC clique. That can seem daunting, but I genuinely think it may help you all.

If I were in LSPD, I'd launch a community program with boring meetings and even maybe de-escalation courses for victimized residents. I know this requires interaction with a lot of blue-haired, 25 years old gun-owning homeowners, but it would form the beginning of a solution to violence in Mirror Park.

Edited by arrdef
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, arrdef said:

The problem is that GTAW as a community tends to find these opportunities as encouragement rather than a deterrent. This is why K-Town's gas station (in a neighborhood that prides itself in giving opportunities and encouraging ped RP) often feels like a light version of the old Davis LTD.

16 minutes ago, Rasta said:

Well if people don't roleplay properly the given situation, so roleplaying fear and such then it doesn't bring anything. I am saying it would create roleplay for those that want to roleplay. 

HOA could be a nice community interaction with the police. Sharing intel between eachother and such.

Why are homeowners the problem when the gangsters on rub tag a cop's house with 'snitch' for calling the cops while there's an unmarked outside?

• Wuhtah locked this topic