Jump to content

What are some valid levels of escalation with “legal” roleplayers?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Massacre said:

Why are homeowners the problem when the gangsters on rub tag a cop's house with 'snitch' for calling the cops while there's an unmarked outside?

It was pointed to anyone that wouldnt roleplay properly no matter their RP preference.

Link to comment

The answer you want to hear is, DM the VR Chat avatar and crush the e-rper.

 

The right answer is just leave the area and role-play around people you enjoy and feel fit your elite level of crime.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, arrdef said:

Look, I know I'm asking players in Mirror Park to roleplay with people not in their OOC clique. That can seem daunting, but I genuinely think it may help you all.


If I were in LSPD, I'd launch a community program with boring meetings and even maybe de-escalation courses for victimized residents. I know this requires interaction with a lot of blue-haired, 25 years old gun-owning homeowners, but it would form the beginning of a solution to violence in Mirror Park.

 

We've been trying to take it IC but basically anyone whose called 911 or done anything IC to prevent it has been hassled or threatened on discord so far. It's a big meme 🤪

Link to comment

I can definitely see both sides of the issue. On the one hand, gangs can be in any neighborhood or area. They're not there simply cause of poverty or need. A lot of people gang bang out of choice, not necessity.  The people roleplaying gangs in the area should adapt to their neighborhood and not act as brazen as a gang in Davis or Strawberry acts. But the people living there should also rp a modicum of fear. You don't have to shit yourself when a gang banger interacts with you and anyone claiming you'd have to rp being terrified of their character off the bat is a fool and should take a good look at what they're portraying.

 

Gangs operating out of gentrified areas is by itself an interesting concept but there seems to be just the two extremes: people living in the area claim there's NO WAY a gang could possibly "move" into their neighborhood and the gang rpers ignore every ic precedent that has been set in the area. I've always disliked gangs opening and claiming they're "one of the biggest and most feared" gangs there's ever been but in areas under gentrification the idea of a gang being partially defunct, at least at the start, is a perfect fit. Similarly, gang members saying they've been in an area for decades while and civilians saying they've lived there for x years and never seen any of them is also a bad situation to be in. Time and the passage of time is one of the hardest and weirdest aspects in roleplay, and coming to a compromise where neither side mentions it is usually the best choice

 

You don't have to press and harass anyone living in the area but the locals shouldn't harass the gang members in return or act as if they're invincible.  This is an issue of portrayal and soft egos (on both sides).  People need to understand that "legal" and "illegal" rpers can coexist in peace, they just need to adapt.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

"De-escalation" can't really happen when one side actively looks for reasons to get into gunfights - and let me point out that we don't have an epidemic of CCW holders shooting each other.

 

I mean y'all didn't think closing the Davis LTD would solve the problem, did you?

 

You just spread it to the rest of the server.

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, AlphaBatal said:

people not in the life arent snitches

In the hood, a snitch is a snitch... simple as that. Doesn't matter whether you're a part of that life, or not.

Link to comment

Mirror Park should really have a group of middle-classed whiteboys that are false-claiming a Crip set... with that one or two token-Hispanic, Asian, and African American that aren't really from the "Hood"... THAT'D be fun. Imagine having your whole faction being false-claimers that actually make themselves reputable, overtime, with their actions and power.

This group would earn their reputation through their actions, overtime, as a false-claiming set with rich moms than to be some sort of "real authentic" gang. They'd be powerful because they have a little more money compared to the authentic impoverished gang-banger, allowing them to invest in firearms and narcotics. Yet, they'd be known as those "wanna-bes" by many until properly feared... the type that'd attract the "Valley-Girl" type as a bad-boy from some white high-school. Maybe one of their uncles are friends with the Italian mob? Who knows?

Even though Vineland Boyz 13 aren't false-claiming, they were originally some-what of a middle-class gang to begin with... they thrived through sports and Valley-Girl-attracting house-parties. Eventually, they had to submit to Eme because they weren't really "bout that life" and desperately needed protection when they were targeted.

Seriously, consider it...

Edited by DLimit
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Mirror Park should really have a group of middle-classed whiteboys that are false-claiming a Crip set... with that one or two token-Hispanic, Asian, and African American that aren't really from the "Hood"... THAT'D be fun. Imagine having your whole faction being false-claimers that actually make themselves reputable, overtime, with their actions and power.

This group would earn their reputation through their actions, overtime, as a false-claiming set with rich moms than to be some sort of "real authentic" gang. They'd be powerful because they have a little more money compared to the authentic impoverished gang-banger, allowing them to invest in firearms and narcotics. Yet, they'd be known as those "wanna-bes" by many until properly feared... the type that'd attract the "Valley-Girl" type as a bad-boy from some white high-school. Maybe one of their uncles are friends with the Italian mob? Who knows?

Even though Vineland Boyz 13 aren't false-claiming, they were originally some-what of a middle-class gang to begin with... they thrived through sports and Valley-Girl-attracting house-parties. Eventually, they had to submit to Eme because they weren't really "bout that life" and desperately needed protection when they were targeted.

Seriously, consider it...

 

This is impressively the worst take I have ever seen in any discussion thread, therefore we must do it.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Florida said:

 

This is impressively the worst take I have ever seen in any discussion thread, therefore we must do it.

They exist in plenty of middle to upper-class areas. This would resolve the whole "We've never interacted with this gang in our life" issue, as these people would be a group of high-schoolers trying to be cool.

Link to comment
38 minutes ago, DLimit said:

They exist in plenty of middle to upper-class areas. This would resolve the whole "We've never interacted with this gang in our life" issue, as these people would be a group of high-schoolers trying to be cool.

 

I think the main reason that happens too is these people don't live in the area they're banging. So as a result you essentially have a group of teenagers who get driven to their gang turf by their mom every morning so they can front a set they don't live in. But yeah, nobody gets fear or respect automatically or retroactively. You have to earn respect through what your crew does over time and develop a reputation from that. Forcing people to RP a history with your crew that didn't exist is frankly powergaming and silly as you can make up whatever you want as fact and imply people are bad roleplayers because they don't want to feed into it.

Edited by Sush
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...