What are some valid levels of escalation with “legal” roleplayers?

1 hour ago, RoyalPainter said:

That still doesn't mean NO crime at all happens, your replies on the original report or whatever shows how clueless you are on how gangs work. 

In real life, a densely populated community of cops is precisely what that would mean - barring isolated incidents of disorderly conduct and crimes that aren't generally of the organized variety. The assertion that a gang would be active near a community with a heavy police presence is asinine - never mind powergaming through lack of fear of the legal consequences, if you ask me.

You have no idea how good you have it.

To answer the question of your initial post - I would contend that if your first thought on being called suspicious is to get revenge rather than preserve your freedom, you are 1) powergaming through lack of fear, and 2) flagrantly looking to cause trouble on an OOC level.

4 hours ago, RoyalPainter said:

That still doesn't mean NO crime at all happens, your replies on the original report or whatever shows how clueless you are on how gangs work. 

this is how you get the thread locked; by adding nothing to the proposed discussion and allowing it to devolve into belittling others for not being on your global elite gangbanging rank;

gangs work differently between continents, countries, coasts, cities. hell, different gangs in the same neighbourhood and even sets within said gangs operate differently, can't expect everybody to know everything about trece gang number 60 and the intricacies about how it's different from the other 59 trece gangs that exist and the one particular set in whereever you've decided to base it on.

that being said, just because you acknowledge that your character is a disposable crime-drone and expect him not to get out of his teens doesn't mean the character's sole purpose should be that and nothing else, and it doesn't mean that you should be portraying, in essence, an idealized ms-13 hitman with zero regard to his own, the life of others, the law, polite society and societal pressure.

put yourself in the shoes of your character, size up the situation. does your character want to spend years in prison, maybe life over sucking up their pride?

crime happens. but not at this rate, not at this level of stupidity and happens whenever there's opportunity for it to happen. threatening cops, tagging up suburban houses and getting into shootouts, fights and animosity sounds like a lot of effort to try and avoid having your character think outside the box for once, and it sure sounds like you're the one starting shit and complaining that you can't start more shit in response to the pushback you're getting

no offence, obviously, if this post sounds hostile, i apologize. i do respect everybody's roleplay, as long as it makes sense. what i see doesnt make sense, thus the harsh wording

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, AlphaBatal said:

this is how you get the thread locked; by adding nothing to the proposed discussion and allowing it to devolve into belittling others for not being on your global elite gangbanging rank;

gangs work differently between continents, countries, coasts, cities. hell, different gangs in the same neighbourhood and even sets within said gangs operate differently, can't expect everybody to know everything about trece gang number 60 and the intricacies about how it's different from the other 59 trece gangs that exist and the one particular set in whereever you've decided to base it on.

that being said, just because you acknowledge that your character is a disposable crime-drone and expect him not to get out of his teens doesn't mean the character's sole purpose should be that and nothing else, and it doesn't mean that you should be portraying, in essence, an idealized ms-13 hitman with zero regard to his own, the life of others, the law, polite society and societal pressure.

put yourself in the shoes of your character, size up the situation. does your character want to spend years in prison, maybe life over sucking up their pride?

crime happens. but not at this rate, not at this level of stupidity and happens whenever there's opportunity for it to happen. threatening cops, tagging up suburban houses and getting into shootouts, fights and animosity sounds like a lot of effort to try and avoid having your character think outside the box for once, and it sure sounds like you're the one starting shit and complaining that you can't start more shit in response to the pushback you're getting

no offence, obviously, if this post sounds hostile, i apologize. i do respect everybody's roleplay, as long as it makes sense. what i see doesnt make sense, thus the harsh wording

You’re right, maybe I shouldn’t have come out so hostile and I agree with you a hundred percent because some illegal roleplayers are also the issue.

• Upvote 1
On 6/6/2021 at 1:43 PM, RoyalPainter said:

You’re walking through Mirror Park with your homies before someone calls the cops on your group for acting “suspicious “ and what not, this is not a specific example but it ties back to the broader question. What would you do in this scenario? What would be fair levels for revenge?

I would call upon my  network of informants and private investigators and proceed to note everyone the people who called the cops on me are familiar with, then roll up with a crew of 12 year olds I paid $50 each and shoot the shit out of them.

That or just talk to the cops.

Dumb topic.

1 hour ago, Coburn said:

I would call upon my  network of informants and private investigators and proceed to note everyone the people who called the cops on me are familiar with, then roll up with a crew of 12 year olds I paid $50 each and shoot the shit out of them.

That or just talk to the cops.

Dumb topic.

I hope you realize not all gang members are twelve year olds, this just seems like a really condescending comment instead of adding valid in put. 

5 hours ago, RoyalPainter said:

I hope you realize not all gang members are twelve year olds, this just seems like a really condescending comment instead of adding valid in put.

It's fairly easy to read poor intentions into the initial post, you have to admit. Especially the bit about revenge - but I think we've covered enough ground over the last few pages that there's not much more to add.

I suppose my final opinion to toss into the ring would be that being a successful gang in Mirror Park is likely going to involve a much lower and more nuanced profile than, say, bangers on Grove Street. If that's what you're looking for hanging around Mirror Park, you're just asking for trouble.

On the other hand? If you play smart and avoid shitting where you eat (Mirror Park, in this case) the heavy police presence could work to your advantage. Present yourself as the alternative to the traditional street gang and watch the police come down on other sets if they decide to cruise around Mirror Park looking for you. Pursuing someone for something as silly as calling the police to report mere suspicions, however, only brings more scrutiny.

1 hour ago, Smilesville said:

It's fairly easy to read poor intentions into the initial post, you have to admit. Especially the bit about revenge - but I think we've covered enough ground over the last few pages that there's not much more to add.

Isn't this whole thread around creating a narrative to circumvent the rules that state you may not escalate actions you initiated on your own (such as running on someone's lawn and being called cops on)?

7 hours ago, RoyalPainter said:

Yes, I realise not all gang members are twelve year olds.

My comment was a thing called' sarcasm' or 'joke'. Hence why I made it so unrealistic as possible.

4 hours ago, knppel said:

Isn't this whole thread around creating a narrative to circumvent the rules that state you may not escalate actions you initiated on your own (such as running on someone's lawn and being called cops on)?

It certainly feels like it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic