Official standing about IC population portrayal - Thoughts?

HeyMambo

This is already covered under our Powergaming rules:

https://i.imgur.com/fTshcVF.png

All we need is a clear, and definitive definition of what "populated" means. Is a tourist area like Legion Square, surrounded by dozens of apartment complexes and skyscrapers populated (even if nobody is there IG) or not?

Do we live in a city full of empty streets, buildings and roads, or do we live in a map that can be comparable to a real life city and what that looks and feels like?

It really has to be one and can't be the other, and defining this should definitely have a visible impact on our rules. If the city is empty other than for players, then tbh there's nothing wrong in robbers having figured out that a BF4000 robbery convoy is just logically their best option. Reality would just agree with them now.

Edited by Koko

I am someone who RP's a Lifeguard on this server and the stuff that happens on the beach is just stuff you really don't expect to see. Dead bodies at the skatepark constantly? At like six PM when everyone is out and about enjoying the last part of their day, going for a walk at the end of their work day? Taking family members or friends out for dinner, grabbing an ice cream so forth. People driving onto a beach at like 3pm in their ballers and doing constant donuts in the sand. People driving their trophy/pickup trucks down the sand at 100+mph.

Had an incident before where people were skydiving onto Vespucci beach itself. Went to talk to the guy who set the whole thing up and got the reply "Oh the beach is always dead why do you care"

I get that admins can't do everything but surely some examples of what is realistic and what is not should be added to the tutorial, if people ignore/skip the tutorial don't be giving them warnings constantly, nothing changes. People have to see people getting punished for unrealistic behaviour or it will keep on happening.

Edit: The server should be RP'ed as a place that has people around, want to rob someone in Vespucci? Use an alleyway, a car, a house or something. People also forget it is a CITY CCTV will be all around the place not just at government buildings. Hell at this rate every business in Vespucci would have 4k CCTV cameras just for insurance purposes due to the crimerate there.

Edited by Matt -
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, The.Godfather said:

The reason for stop was that I was driving at a speed of around 30mph, which I reduced to around 10-15mph while turning on an intersection, but I did not come to a complete stop. I argued that my light was gree

Then he had no reason to stop you lol. The max speed in the city is way higher than 30 mph and even if you had a red you slowed down and passed while it was safe. You don't need to full stop at red lights unless someone else is coming.

8 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

Then he had no reason to stop you lol. The max speed in the city is way higher than 30 mph and even if you had a red you slowed down and passed while it was safe. You don't need to full stop at red lights unless someone else is coming.

Actually, in the DMV course you get to learn that you need to come to a full stop at every intersection. So they had a right to pull him over for not coming to a full stop at that intersection 🙂

24 minutes ago, Matt - said:

I am someone who RP's a Lifeguard on this server and the stuff that happens on the beach is just stuff you really don't expect to see. Dead bodies at the skatepark constantly? At like six PM when everyone is out and about enjoying the last part of their day, going for a walk at the end of their work day? Taking family members or friends out for dinner, grabbing an ice cream so forth. People driving onto a beach at like 3pm in their ballers and doing constant donuts in the sand. People driving their trophy/pickup trucks down the sand at 100+mph.

Had an incident before where people were skydiving onto Vespucci beach itself. Went to talk to the guy who set the whole thing up and got the reply "Oh the beach is always dead why do you care"

I get that admins can't do everything but surely some examples of what is realistic and what is not should be added to the tutorial, if people ignore/skip the tutorial don't be giving them warnings constantly, nothing changes. People have to see people getting punished for unrealistic behaviour or it will keep on happening.

Edit: The server should be RP'ed as a place that has people around, want to rob someone in Vespucci? Use an alleyway, a car, a house or something. People also forget it is a CITY CCTV will be all around the place not just at government buildings. Hell at this rate every business in Vespucci would have 4k CCTV cameras just for insurance purposes due to the crimerate there.

Venice Beach (irl counterpart of Vespucci) is literally a fucking shithole, the crime rates are through the roof there. Please do your research first, then speak.

2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Actually, in the DMV course you get to learn that you need to come to a full stop at every intersection. So they had a right to pull him over for not coming to a full stop at that intersection 🙂

The DMV course is not made in accordance to the penal code.

30 minutes ago, Matt - said:

Actually, according to CCTV rules there are barely any cameras in Los Santos. The first aspect is there needs to be a physical camera mapped item in order for you to RP CCTV. Further, only government owned businesses are automatically permitted to be used in criminal investigation. For businesses or houses that are player owned, even if you pay a donation to map cameras on, the criminal has to OOCly agree to the footage being used, to which they can simply say no.

CCTV is virtually nonexistent on this server, and the only valid video footage is off government vehicles' dashcameras (PD/SD, GOV, etc).

11 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

7 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

It was green for me. And that's the argument I made at the scene. I said if someone else rams into my vehicle, it'd be them jumping a red light and ramming into someone else. So they'd be violating way more rules and committing a much bigger crime than what I have done here. And that's why I was allowed to leave with a verbal warning. But that's beyond the point. Its just disappointing how we have half the city's IC population running around committing hideous crimes but people like me who indulge into Legal RP in accordance with reality are the ones targeted for absolutely no reason. 
Anyway, not to digress from the core issue at hand, the initial point was that the deputy's argument there becomes baseless if we have only 100 people online at the time and we were in an area that ain't even populated during peak hours. If I then challenge such a citation in court ICly, would it be considered that since the area where the incident occurred was a wasteland with IC population density as close to Antarctica as possible, the deputy's actions were indeed a harassment? Since we aren't allowed to RP NPCs around and consider IC population as the entire population? Someone also mentioned that it'd be considered Powergaming. So isn't pulling people over considering some random NPC may collide with me also Powergaming? 

• Bospy locked this topic