/vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)

1 minute ago, Misuu said:

thank you for judging me without even knowing me personally. goes to show how deep you are. I completed cancelled and nullified all your arguments so you started a direct attack at my person. bravo. that's not how debates work.

Got it, one sentence nulify argument.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:44 AM, charles said:

Give PD/SD or mainly admins the command to /vwreckage vehicles. Meaning, once a vehicle is involved in a major MVA - the vehicle is 'impounded' (or in other words, unavailable to use) for several days. The severity of the /vwreckage can be adjusted as to the severity of the crash.

Let's say I got into a nasty head-on a few days back and my car was totalled, and I tried to /vg and choose my vehicle, it should print in the chat

"Your vehicle is currently being repaired and is unavailable to drive at the moment."

This is a great middle ground, I think. But what about when an admin just doesn't see it? It won't stop the majority of them from just /vp and /vg'ing again, though. 

On 4/5/2021 at 3:43 PM, roymar said:

Emergency responses, pursuits. It could happen.

I completely get all your points and here's my input into this. 

I've been in FD for 2 years now (recently just left). The amount of times I've seen people fly through intersections, overtake emergency responding vehicles and such is beyond a joke. Even to the point where I cut a guy out of the same car TWICE  in an hour after wrapping it around a tree both times. 

People who actually drive properly have nothing to worry about in the slightest. It's for people who carelessly drive around at Mach 6 through what would be a heavily congested area, without a care in the world. They smash into a wall or a tree? Then that's their own fault for driving like an idiot. 

In regards to smashing into the back of normal driving people, then BOTH parties should be expected to fully RP the damages and repairs. Having their vehicles scrapped because of someone smashing into the beck of them going Mach 6 is totally unfair. However, if someone is caught driving stupidly fast and smashes into a wall or something and then just /vp's and /vg's? Then yes, I agree with their vehicle being removed for a period to teach them a lesson. 

There needs to be a fine balance between a solo crash into a wall and a crash involving someone else. Of course if you see something you should first and foremost report the player if you caught it on video. 

We don't have to worry you say? You know sometimes the game fails to render the surroundings properly, often omitting stuff like actual cars on the road, I am not talking about desync here. But running game on slower computers perhaps. Happened to me one time as well. I wasn't going fast, but still suddenly someone put entire crash scene in front of me on the middle of thr road. I rammed in a cop car from behind, there were 3 cars and a tow on the scene as well. Well I would have seen it from far, so I didn't really plan to rp crashing into series of flashing lights that WEREN'T there a moment ago. This unfortunately happens everyday, then we have people not caring about lights. I stop at red lights and wait for green, someone rams me from behind? No I am not gonna rp their idiocy. Also people are not able maintaing least 2 meters distance between cars, I am not gonna rp such crash either...cause those are BASICS in DRIVING SCHOOL. If you cannot drive normally, you don't belong on the road, period.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I tried my best to stay away from this suggestion, but, I suppose what I have to say has to be said. ( Not replying just because you attacked the whole racing scene, so don't get offended by this too. )

Right, so, to start. It's. Just. A. Game.

If people want to drive like absolute nutwits, let them have IC consequences, not OOC. You say it's a heavy rp server, sure, punish them for doing so OOC'ly but only if it's unrealistic. Is it unrealistic irl for people to drive fast ocasionally? No, it's not, and it's pretty clear that you've never been part of the illegal racing scene in real life to see it. The way it looks like this in-game is because real life is not split between cops and street racers like this server is, so you don't see them as often, but trust me, they exist.

Everyone screams realism while beating on their chests, but only if it fits their agenda. The way you suggest things is terrible, but I do agree that something should be done about people who drive unrealistically, but, in another way, which doesn't affect people who can actually roleplay and drive properly, even if it's above the speed limit.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic